cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2000 Airstream Land Yacht

pump-dump-go
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2000 Airstream Land Yacht XL, Ford V10 Triton, 2 slides, new tires. 17,000+ miles, which seem really low for a 15-16 yr old rig.
Price is $22,500.
I know somethings to look for, like ceiling stains-possible roof leaks, delam, foggy windows, ect.
Anybody got any info to share on the Airstreams, problem areas, ect ??
5 REPLIES 5

Mike_Hohnstein
Explorer
Explorer
The Silver Bullet A's and the fiber glass examples are not to be considered the same. I've observed many glass units with debonding issues.
Silver Bullets bring good money in all states of condition.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oasisbob wrote:
IMHO Airstream is one of the best on the market. A Best of luck

Trailer yes, the MH's not so much.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I will tell you that Airstream had some major quality issues in the late 1990's and early 2000's, and their motorhomes were known to be even worse than their trailers. Don't let the Airstream brand blind you.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO Airstream is one of the best on the market. An honest seller will welcome an independent service tech to do a thorough walk through. I strongly recommend this. I could give you a list but anything forgotten can cost you cash after the sale. Might be issues seller s not aware of. Best of luck
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a 1994 Land Yacht back in 2003 and loved the interior layout, cabinetry, and storage. All I will say is: get it checked out completely by a qualified independent RV inspector and chassis mechanic.

Others may have a different opinion but the unit I had was not deserving of the Airstream name. The later models may have been better.

At only 17k miles it should be in good shape, especially if it was garaged. They may have only used it for tailgating or instate camping. We could camp once a month at one of our favorite state parks and only put 500 miles on a motorhome.

Good luck
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT