cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor opions.

Hotwheelbill
Explorer
Explorer
From one side of the board to the other for me.
Now looking at a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with Cat. motor. 84k miles. 4 yr old tires. NO RUST. clean. electric awning. All window awnings. Super slide. Some other extras. 32700 out the door.
10 REPLIES 10

Hotwheelbill
Explorer
Explorer
Passed on this as it has some oil leaks , more WAT than pics show, pet hair, need of roof reseal, and just ....did not feel right. Seller was a IN. dealer in FL.......
Selling out of a FL, storage lot.
Long story, but I did not feel good about it all.

...............Looking............

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Could not tell what brand of tires but at a little less than four years old you should be good to go if they are a major brand. If I had any doubts about one of the tires I would probably put two new Hankooks on the front and put one on the roof as a spare (255 & 275/70/22.5 is not a very common tire).

Hmmmm we are running 275/70/22.5 didn't know they were not very common.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info Fred, I was for sure not one of those few.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
JimM68 wrote:
Endeavor was always a Monaco roadmaster rr8r chassis, good stuff.
It was the early knight/ambassador that had the ill fated rr4r chassis (also a roadmaster, not a freightliner)

endeavor is a good and solid coach.

Jim, I'll have to disagree with"Endeavor was always a Monaco roadmaster rr8r chassis, good stuff.", as my Endeavor is on a 4 air bag Freightliner Chassis. I think they used up the last of the Freightliner chassis in 2000 or early 2001. Very few folks are aware of the Endeavor being on the Freightliner chassis.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
As usual Brett is correct as it's on a Freightliner... that's what it says in one of the pictures. No he did not remove a link but I cannot find it any more on Ebay. May have sold... hope he's the one who bought it as he had negotiated a price from the dealer in Ft Myers.
fcooper, I hate it when people think I'm just a pretty face.:W
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
I was not aware that Roadmaster/Endeavour used any Caterpillar engines in that time frame.

Check, but I suspect it is on a Freightliner chassis.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Endeavor was always a Monaco roadmaster rr8r chassis, good stuff.
It was the early knight/ambassador that had the ill fated rr4r chassis (also a roadmaster, not a freightliner)

endeavor is a good and solid coach.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the same thing and had to read again fcooper! Price seems inline to me. I looked at a few similar during my search for a DP.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I think IVYLOG has some magic powers to find the motorhome listing, or maybe the OP removed the link?

Anyway, the 2000 HR Endeavor is a good unit. If the unit has the onan 7.5 quiet diesel with very little use, it may still be vulnerable to the exploding magnet problem. Onan had a bad batch of parts in the 1999 - 2001 era, and simply extended the warranty to the original owner only. My repair cost over $4,000 (yea...they saw me coming and thought I had deep pockets).

The chassis may be a Freightliner or a Monaco built chassis. The Freightliner (which my coach has) is a 4 air bag chassis that has been very reliable. Somewhere during 2000 or early 2001, Monaco stopped building on the Freightliner chassis, and began using their own chassis. I think the Monaco chassis is as good or maybe better but I have no experience with that.

If you get this unit and have other questions, I'll be happy to help.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice looking rig and while twice as much as previous one, but less than half the miles. At 84K miles the Cat 3126 is OK and the right number of miles for 14 years. I like the wood instead of carpet/tile, a desk, and a newer TV. Could not tell what brand of tires but at a little less than four years old you should be good to go if they are a major brand. If I had any doubts about one of the tires I would probably put two new Hankooks on the front and put one on the roof as a spare (255 & 275/70/22.5 is not a very common tire). The generator does not have a lot of use and the inside looks like it was not lived in full time.
The price when compared to Monaco Diplomat's (much the same and more of them) looks good enough. This is not a fixer upper and should give you many years of enjoyment.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...