cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Alfa SeeYa coolant tank

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend with a 2005 Alfa, 330 Cat and we recently had to take the cap off the coolant tank. I don't think it has been off in years. Long story short we twisted the cap off and now need to replace and maybe relocate the tank. There is only about 4 inches of space above the tank to work with. Has anyone done this and did you relocate the tank and where did you get a new one.
Thanks for all the answers. Good and bad
Busyguy
4 REPLIES 4

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the reply's and hopefully my friend can find the tank and between us two old codgers we can replace it
Thanks. Sure enjoy all the people on this site that are willing to put forth some effort give advice.
Busyguy

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our coolant tank replaced 4 times, the first two were under warranty, the third I paid for and the fourth was just recently. Apparently there was a bad batch and hopefully I'm done with it.

This was a Monaco priority part as we have a Roadmaster chassis. Thank goodness Monaco is still in business as we might have had a problem.

The problem with the first two tanks were that they lost pressure from the cap. The third tank had bad fittings at the top where the brass fittings were imbedded in the tank. It looks like the 4th tank was done correctly.

Good luck, I hope that it is a Freightliner part.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
You can find a lot of good information about the freightliner coolant tanks in the thread liked below. I agree that the tank is much bigger than it looks, and that you will not be able to relocate it.

Thread on Freightliner coolant recovery tank

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
The chassis maker ( freightliner?) has the tank .. If it's like my journey 330 . The tank is much larger than it looks from the back and a bear to get out . Remove the surrounds at the back ( where the cap is/ was to gain acess there and also come at it from above ..via the Inside remove the engine covers.in the bedroom . Relocation is not possible with the original tank shape at least not in my case
Bill