cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 ford f450 6.0 sunseeker class c

grannyglen
Explorer
Explorer
we just purchased a 2005 3100 sunseeker and we have a couple questions. There is no ourside water fill spout for the water tank or even a place where there ever was one. The fill hose and breather tube are attached to the water tank under the bed but it looks like they go down through the floor. The water tank has a plug in the top that comes out but that means raising the bed and running a hose through the window everytime you have to fill the tank. Any ideas out there about this set up.

Also down by the battery disconnect key there are 2 red rocker switches. One we know is for the outside yellow porch light but we can't figure out what the other one is for. Any ideas on this switch?
5 REPLIES 5

Harveyj
Explorer
Explorer
In regards to the switch, it may be the battery disconnect switch for the house batteries. Our switch(s) are laid out similar to yours.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
F-450 6.0 liter truck chassis?

Normally most class C's come with a gas engine, and would be built on the van front end style E-450 with a V10 engine, though some where sold with 7.3L and 6.0 liter diesel engines.

IF you have a diesel E-450 chassis, it is a rare option to find. They tend to be a bit noisy when climbing hills, but otherwise are a great choice to camp with.

The 6L and 6.4L Fords need to have a water coolant filter installed on the engine. THis is NAPA part number FIL4070 and a kit to install it is NAPA # FIL 4019. The coolant filter will help any vehicle, but especially the diesel engines. It prevents the oil cooler from clogging, that can lead to the exhaust gas cooler overheating and damage to the engine that can result from both of those conditions.

I agree, my RV has a normal gravity fill, and there is a valve near my water pump. If I turn it on, then I can fill my fresh tank from the campground water hookup. It works out pretty well, unless I forget to turn it off after 10 minutes.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
You might try the Forest River Forums at http://www.forestriverforums.com

I would be surprised the Sunseeker has the switching valves for the water system. I have an '07 2860 and only have the gravity fill.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Jayco is plumbed like that. They use a network of valves (patchwork in our case) to divert "city water" (that hose connection) into the fresh water tank. Do you have a "utility center" or some water control panel? Hopefully it's labeled. Yours may even have a multiple-port valve to accomplish this. Ours has some valves in with the water heater under the kitchen sink and more on the floor under the oven.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

adayjk
Explorer
Explorer
I've never even seen that unit before. My post is generic, so take it with a gain of salt.

Some units use the city water connection as the fill connection. When pressurized water is connected a valve, or series of valves are turned to "backfill" the fresh water tank through the water feed line to the pump. Could that be a possibility with your unit?

I also once saw a unit with a fitting to connect a plumbing hose. That fitting could be connected to a portable hose dipped into a container of water. A few valves were manipulated, and the 12v water pump would fill the tank.

So without knowing your specific unit, if you can't find an inlet at the tank, look carefully at the other plumbing. The fill may occur using the tank outlet.