cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short.... I'm entertaining the idea of buying a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B. Before I physically go to view the MH, are there any concerns or problems with this model? It's built on a F53 chassis, and has about 30,000 miles on it?

I've done a search on here and found some of the older Winnies had roof issues, but couldn't find anything for the 2006 vintage Sightseers.

Thanks.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10
11 REPLIES 11

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know about the windshield rusting problem. Anything else?

Doug

DandSW
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what model years the windshield frame rust problem was present but there certainly was a lot of news of it in the mid 2000's. My coach was a 2005. If you Google "Winnebago w/s rust problem" you will get a lot of info.
Dave
2010 Newmar CS3647 / 2010 Ford Escape

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I had my 1999 chieftain for 14 years and didn't have any windshield rusting problems. was that a later event?
bumpy

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
No problems with my F53 chassis. Winnebago has a good reputation. I would not hesitate to buy a Winnebago on a F53 chassis.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

CAP
Explorer
Explorer
Doug
I sold my 2006 sightseer because of the rusted windshield frame. This is a big problem with the sightseer and it cost me over $2000 to have it repaired.

Good Luck
Cap

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for responding. Keep them coming.

Doug

DandSW
Explorer
Explorer
Doug - Prior to our present motorhome we owned a Sightseer 29R which is very similar to the coach you are considering. Over four years of ownership, we had very little problems with it but would caution you to check for rusting around the windshield frame which was a common problem at that time. My coach exhibited this problem thru leakage at the top of the windshield, but only during a hard rain. Good luck with your search.
Dave
2010 Newmar CS3647 / 2010 Ford Escape

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure it has tow/haul on the stick shift. 2006 was the year of big improvements to the F-53.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I think the only things that need to be watched is; 1 the edge of the fiberglass roof. Make sure it is sealed down on the edges. The other thing is watch for rust then leaking around the windshield. Keep it sealed. Winnebago makes a nice motor home
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
ddndoug wrote:
Long story short.... I'm entertaining the idea of buying a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B. Before I physically go to view the MH, are there any concerns or problems with this model? It's built on a F53 chassis, and has about 30,000 miles on it?

I've done a search on here and found some of the older Winnies had roof issues, but couldn't find anything for the 2006 vintage Sightseers.

Thanks.

Doug
Doug, it's a Winnebago one of the best motorhomes built in the World! They make just everything for there coaches at there factory! They have been making RV's longer then any other manufacture and they are fianancially sound company!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1999 F53 which was the first year for them. a few improvements by 2006. the spark plugs was the only issue I have read about them don't know what year that changed but I never had any troubles.
bumpy