cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 FMCA Rally Storm Damage

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that were at the 2013 FMCA Rally in Gillette last June during the hail storm... I found that the fins on my A/C coils on the roof had been damaged by the hail. The back of my rig was facing into the wind and it appears that the force of the hail was enough to flatten the fins that were exposed to the openings in the covers. They looked like someone had put their finger in each opening and mashed the fins.

I was having problems with the A/C units not working as good as they should on the way home from the event. It was really hot (117-121) on our last leg and I was running the house A/C to keep it cool. I have been talking to the manufacture of the A/C units and they suggested inspecting the units for being dirty. I finally had a chance to get on the roof and check things out last weekend and that's when I discovered the fins. It took me awhile to straighten them out but it's all good now.

So if you were there you should check your A/C units for damage.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer
2 REPLIES 2

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Call your insurance agent.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Argosy24
Explorer
Explorer
There are ac fin combs which cost about $10 and really work well for straightening fins.