cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Ford F53 V-10 Air Filter

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone explain how to remove and replace the air filter on a 2013 Ford F-53 V-10 engine. I have looked at the airbox and even tried but it seems as though a bunch of parts might have to be removed.

HELP!
8 REPLIES 8

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
I think the difficulty in replacing or even inspecting the air filter element is more a function of what the body builder has done rather than the chassis manufacturer. We have a 2013 Adventurer on the Ford chassis. I've checked the air filter a couple times. In both cases it took less than 10 minutes to open the box, remove the element, inspect it, and reinstall it.

Here's a link to the Ford Brochure for the F53 chassis.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2014/Class_A_brochure-2014_LoRes.pdf

The air filter box is hanging out in open air. There should be no problem removing the element unless someone builds the body so close to it you can't open it.

The procedure I use is:
1. Flip open the 3 over center latches
2. Loosen the clamp on the air intake tube
3. Push the top of the box slightly to the rear and lift on the front edge
4. Pull the top forward to release the tangs on the rear edge from the bottom of the box.

The cover cannot be completely removed unless you disconnect the wire to the sensor.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

zach477
Explorer
Explorer
When I did mine, it almost felt like i was about to break it. If I remember correctly,I don't think I had to take the cover off completely. Just enough to get the old filter out and the new one back in.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Kaz wrote:
zach477 wrote:
... Do this. Then wiggle/pry it. Then swear. Then wiggle it some more.

Thanks. I been trying to figure this out, and still haven't gotten access to mine, but I forgot the swearing part. Any particular words, or just general cussin'?

This is one of my peeves. I do think there's a special place in hell for the CEOs of companies who build anything without an eye to easily performing basic maintenance tasks.

I'm actually going to try to get access to air filter today. I'll report back, one way or the other.

Skip

Well?????

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
zach477 wrote:
... Do this. Then wiggle/pry it. Then swear. Then wiggle it some more.

Thanks. I been trying to figure this out, and still haven't gotten access to mine, but I forgot the swearing part. Any particular words, or just general cussin'?

This is one of my peeves. I do think there's a special place in hell for the CEOs of companies who build anything without an eye to easily performing basic maintenance tasks.

I'm actually going to try to get access to air filter today. I'll report back, one way or the other.

Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

zach477
Explorer
Explorer
chuckftboy wrote:
Its a bit tough to get out and it helps if you loosen the clamp on he air tube behind it. 5/16 nut driver to loosen the worm gear clamp and 3 clips on the cover and a little prying and it will come out.

Do this. Then wiggle/pry it. Then swear. Then wiggle it some more.

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
My previous coach was a 2013 Newmar Bay Star on Fore chassis. I traded it off last sunmer, but when I tried to check the air filter I couldn't get the housing apart because of all the expandable spray foam that was put around the inlet going back to the engine. Since I didn't really have a lot of miles on it, I didn't do anything about it. Good luck to the next owner. Sad that Newmar didn't consider how all that spray foam would prevent access to the filter.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Its a bit tough to get out and it helps if you loosen the clamp on he air tube behind it. 5/16 nut driver to loosen the worm gear clamp and 3 clips on the cover and a little prying and it will come out.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it will come out. I just kept loosening things and prying it open being careful not to break the case. It will come out. I got my replacement filter at Napa.