cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 newmar ventana slideout problems

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2016 Ventana. I had problems with the door side slide not going in, the dealer is fixing the problem by reprogramming the control module to accept a higher amperage up to the max. of 30 amps. He said this reprogramming may have to be done again as more weight is put on the slide. This can be done with jumper wires. I would like to know how to do this as it will happen when on the road. Anyone have the same problems. Knowledge is always better before you need it than after. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

dbro60
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2011 Ventana and the passenger slide would not come in either. It was cockeyed? Dealer fixed it under warranty but I thought the just jury rigged it. Interesting though?

For what it's worth.

Dave in Nebraska
Dave Brown
Looking to Live the Dream

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back to my computer thank you Doug

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Ole B wrote:
What dougrainer said seems to be the case. Do I just remove this jumper wire, then reinstall it,run the slide in and out and it learns the weight load? Thank You

That's exactly what doug said. Remove the jumper for a couple of seconds and then re-install it.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Ole B wrote:
What dougrainer said seems to be the case. Do I just remove this jumper wire, then reinstall it,run the slide in and out and it learns the weight load? Thank You

You remove the jumper, wait a few seconds, reinstall the jumper. That clears its memory.Then extend the room to full extension and then retract to full retraction. The module now knows its limits. Doug

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I would also call Newmar. I am surprised that your fuse has not blown with the higher amperage. You have a new enough coach that Newman should fix the issue.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Unless Newmar has changed the design of the controller(intellitec) there is an adjustment screw on the controller to increase the amount of current/amp to prevent stalling. But that is usually just a band aid for the real problem. 2016, You need to call Newmar with your complaint and see if Newmar agrees with their dealer on the fix. In 20 years of servicing Newmar, I NEVER had to adjust that screw pot. I would suspect a bad Slide motor. Doug

According to Newmar, they are using 2 controllers now. Intellitec and C Storm. The C Storm has a jumper on the module. You remove that jumper for a few seconds and then reinstall. This resets the Controller to Virgin state. You then run the room out and in. Once that is done the Controller learns the new amp adjustment for Out and In, but there is no way to adjust that limit manually on this module.

Bruce_Brown
I'd ask the dealer to show you how to do this. I've never heard of it needing to be done???

Does the motor run and it just not move or does the motor kick out?

Our door side slide "slipped" once, it was simply the clutch needed to be tightened up - about a 30 second job.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910