cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Forester 3011DS

1FastSS
Explorer
Explorer
Well, in a week I'll have our new 2018 Forester 3011DS. Had to look around a bit to find one with all the options we wanted. Wish me luck. Any horror stories from Forest River owners or advice on what I should look for when I go pick it up?

Trading in the 2006 MAXlite. Tired of towing and all the setup. Going to setup the 2003 TJ as a toad.....

Thanks in advance for any input.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 w/4.10 gears & ProComp MX6 shocks.
2006 Maxlite 29BHS w/Equalizer & Prodigy BC & Honda EU3000i
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed 320RWHP/330RWTQ
A bad day camping beats a good day at work everytime!!!!
8 REPLIES 8

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
1FastSS wrote:
Well, it's in the driveway. All is good so far. It was hard for me to let the MaxLITE TT go, Had a good 12+ years and I knew how to fix everything.

A few questions so far:

Scare light - Where is it? I have the touch panel. Only thing I can figure is there is one light above the sewer compartment about a foot down from the roof that I can't get to work. I missed it in the PDI I guess.

That's it

AirBags? What's a good pressure to start with? I have 60psi currently.

I like 70 with 1/3 tank of water

I have a "Tank Heater" button on the touch panel. My build sheet doesn't show having any. If the button is there, does that mean I have them?

On mine yes

I have the 4 door Dometic refrigerator - right side refrigerator door is a pain in the a$$ to open....can that be adjusted?

It is a PIA....my wife slides her fingers in and moved the lock

Finally - Do you all run with 80psi in your tires all the time?

I run the recommended tire pressure from the door sticker

Not a big fan of the power awning. I like my old one. I could tilt it for rain runoff.

I'm not thrilled with awning compared to my TT awning, but it will tilt down and lock

More questions to come.....I can assure you.

[COLOR=]This is a very good forum, but again, for specifics on the Forester check out the Forest River Forum. Also a great group of people who own and operate the Foresters !

Thanks in advance
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
1FastSS wrote:
Well, it's in the driveway. All is good so far. It was hard for me to let the MaxLITE TT go, Had a good 12+ years and I knew how to fix everything.

Thanks in advance

I adjust the tire pressure in our rig based on the weight I'm carrying, and the recommended pressures by the tire manufacturer. A little less pressure when going only for a week or so (less stuff), more pressure when I'm carrying more stuff for longer trips. Too much pressure generally means a harsher ride, to little pressure can cause the tires to overheat and possibly fail.

Good luck with your new rig.

1FastSS
Explorer
Explorer

A few questions so far:

Scare light - Where is it? I have the touch panel. Only thing I can figure is there is one light above the sewer compartment about a foot down from the roof that I can't get to work. I missed it in the PDI I guess.

AirBags? What's a good pressure to start with? I have 60psi currently.

I have a "Tank Heater" button on the touch panel. My build sheet doesn't show having any. If the button is there, does that mean I have them?

I have the 4 door Dometic refrigerator - right side refrigerator door is a pain in the a$$ to open....can that be adjusted?

Not a big fan of the power awning. I like my old one. I could tilt it for rain runoff.

More questions to come.....I can assure you.

Thanks in advance
2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 w/4.10 gears & ProComp MX6 shocks.
2006 Maxlite 29BHS w/Equalizer & Prodigy BC & Honda EU3000i
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed 320RWHP/330RWTQ
A bad day camping beats a good day at work everytime!!!!

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 3011 DSD in August and are very happy with our choice.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
We have that same unit (Purchased in April) and really like it ! We did about a years search looking / researching before ordering ours ! Ordered it with the recliners instead of the couch, double door fridge, Big foot leveling system, 15000 BTU AC with heat pump, and power drivers seat.

Made our first toad pull in October of our Jeep JK ( 1300 miles) without issue.

Check out the Forest River owners forum for info on the Foresters, by owners of the unit !

Happy camping !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations! Forester seems to be a decent model in the FR lineup. Still, RV's are assembled quickly with price point materials, so...

A VERY VERY VERY thorough Walk Through and Pre Delivery Inspection. Every drawer and look inside at the framing when it's open. Every cabinet door. Every appliance in every one of their functions. The roof. Look underneath. Fluids and Tires. Tires, check Inflation and check Valves. Should be accessible to you and should not be rubber. Outside compartments, check them. Slides and levelers should run smoothly, extend fully and retract completely. No funny business in any of the systems. Water system, valves, etc.

Take time. This is NOT a 15-minute task. My list is off the cuff. There are searchable PDI's on the web.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you have many safe, adventurous miles of enjoyment.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Safe travels.