cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3rd party warrenty

love_to_camp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has any body bought one ,if so the name and are you happy with them?
4 REPLIES 4

love_to_camp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the input

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard a lot of complaints, especially about places refusing to honor them, and the fact that some companies offering this have nothing to lose by going out of business as "ABC Warranty Repair" and coming back in as "XYZ Warranty Repair".

There is a reason third party car warranties are pitched very hard on late night TV... and it definitely isn't for the customer's benefit.

ParkCountry
Explorer
Explorer
I'd steer clear of it if I were you. One thing I've noticed over the years is that, for the most part, these 3rd Party extended warranties seem to generate the most complaints for denial of reimbursements, for one reason or another. So much so that I've vowed never to waste my money on one. Not worth the hassle and heartache.

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
I was offered one. The cost was $5000 or so, to extend the 3 year warranty to 5 years. Knowing that these are a HUGE profit center for dealerships, I elected to pass on it.

I think for that kind of money, I could take the risk to pay for whatever were to come up. Since these are 3rd parties, you really don't know what kind of weasel words they have in these agreements that will enable them to keep from paying any claims. Also, they are only good as the company that is backing them up - if they go out of business, then you are high and dry.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans