cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Star tune

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I have installed a 5 Star tune in my Newmar Baystar 3402 with the hopes it will help with power in hill climbing. I won't know until next month when I go to Memphis. After moving from a Diesel to the V-10 I have been spoiled with with the diesel torque and am looking for ways to relieve the pressure on the V-10. I really don't like over working my engines. I am super happy with the V-10 so far and would like it to be happy with me. I really depend on my motors to work for their keep. I travel mostly the back roads with lots of hills, curves, braking and acceleration. From the past post on the 5 Star this is the thing I need. Will keep 5 Star posted on the results. At over $500.00 with Tax I expect service from them also.
6 REPLIES 6

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Gooding. R wrote:
I went and talked to the factory rep. He told me it would increase my HP by 50 HP and my torque by 75 lbs.

I cant remember on 5 star site if they said what HP or torque increase would happen on the V-10 but there was a increase that is for sure, maybe some day I would like to have a dyno test done just to see what I do have, I tell people that I have at least 400hp and 500 lbs of torque with my 5 star/Banks power pack system..

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I went and talked to the factory rep. He told me it would increase my HP by 50 HP and my torque by 75 lbs. That is more then my diesel. With the increase it will be 412 HP and 532 lbs of torque. How can it not make a difference with any transmission? I researched this thing about a year before I got it because I was thinking about one for my Class C diesel. I am happy with the V-10 as it is , so I know I will be happy with upgrade. Can't wait to try it.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I find that the 5 star tuning did increase my performance and the 5 speed shifts so much better, no more going from 5th gear to 2nd gear with cruise on in the hills/mountains, now it goes to 4th and than to 3rd if need to in the bigger hills, note I am towing 6000 lbs, my performance on my V-10 did increase and it never goes over 4500 rpm's now with 5 Star but note I also have the full Banks system installed from cold air intake to headers and exhaust.

I think the 5 star did so much better than the Banks system, but it also appears that the 5 Star did wake up the Banks system in my V-10 because it seems like I gained 50hp and 50 lbs of torque.

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
What year model is your chassis. Five or six speed transmission?

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I by "power" you mean will it improve performance and the overall experience in hill climbing, I would say yes.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
Its not going to increase power at all, thats not what it was designed to do. It will improve the transmission on how and when it shifts and downshifts
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar