cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

52yo guy solo c?

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
I have a great 2013 fourwinds c that I used to use more bue to life stuff I am alone and am using it less. are there ANY solo guys here in a c?

am I doing something wrong? i feel i should be enjoying it more but am anxious alone- like a loser. I have checked other forums about going it alone but am not getting answers as those folks are for the most part settled on traveling alone.

don't criticize but do offer your experience if it can help.

p.s. this started a little while back while trying to make a reservation in maine- I was told "we don't take reservations for men traveling alone"! i couldn't believe my ears.
34 REPLIES 34

tx_racer_67
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Youtube there are many solo RVers that video there lives.
03 chevy
05 cruiser
67 camaro

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Larry! USMC presidents' band 86-90 here.

SanOnofreSurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Now that you're using it less due to life events, don't let those events make you feel like a loser for RV'ing alone.

I'm a single 45 year old male who RVs alone. Mostly to campgrounds by the ocean since I'm there to surf.

But I've never been treated badly by any of my neighbors for being single. I've realized that if you smile, wave, hoist a beer in their direction and are friendly....they will be friendly too.

Of course, I'm also in the Navy....so being able to get away from working with 1500 other people in close quarters is a nice break for me. Heh....!:)

My point is, don't feel like a loser for camping alone. We may be in the minority, but there are many of us doing it.

Best of luck, brother!

- Larry

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have a week off coming up and have decided to give it another go of it up New Hampshire- so wish me luck!

๐Ÿ™‚

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Yeates689 wrote:
You know- i has been a while so I don't remember which cg in Maine it was but if I ever run across it again I will be sure to publish it here believe me!

I am always asked how many and any pets. Can't believe a poster here has never been asked.

When making reservations or checking in, I've always been asked how many people in the RV, but never been turned down when I answered one, as you have.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Yeates689 wrote:
I have a great 2013 fourwinds c that I used to use more bue to life stuff I am alone and am using it less. are there ANY solo guys here in a c?

am I doing something wrong? i feel i should be enjoying it more but am anxious alone- like a loser. I have checked other forums about going it alone but am not getting answers as those folks are for the most part settled on traveling alone.

don't criticize but do offer your experience if it can help.

p.s. this started a little while back while trying to make a reservation in maine- I was told "we don't take reservations for men traveling alone"! i couldn't believe my ears.
That's a new one on me that the entity wouldn't take a reservation for men traveling alone, but I guess that's just a sign of how some perceive a man traveling alone. I don't have an answer for you, but I can see why you're pensive about even traveling when some folks think that way about a solo male in an RV. ๐Ÿ˜ž

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I have checked other forums about going it alone but am not getting answers as those folks are for the most part settled on traveling alone.

That may be all I can offer too. I'm very used to being alone so I don't have to deal with that. I'd say about half the time I travel with friends in mine or other RVs-you may want to look into getting some friends onboard.

I've never in years of RVing been turned down in private RV park for booking reservation for one person. But if you think it may be an issue, check fee schedule for the campground most likely two is the same price as one. Book for two-nobody checks to see who's holed up in the RV.

I personally like to see new sights, and places that are so obscure that they would only interest me. I'm out in RV about 6 to 8 weeks a year-about half with friends. The excitement of new places makes it worthwhile. I bring laptop, books, movies, and never hesitate to go out locally. I'm only moderately outgoing, but will walk the campground and chat with others. I enjoy staying home, but also enjoy camping including camping alone.

tommykelly
Explorer
Explorer
I am 68 and travel alone...been divorced since 1980..

I am always on the lookout for a female traveling companion..but when I go see my grandkids it works out better going by myself.

never detected any concern at campgrounds when I tell them I am solo.

there are a lot more of us out there than you would think...

been doing it so long I had not even thought about it ...

hit the road and enjoy...you will run up on a companion when you least expect it...

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
At private campgrounds I am always asked how many people, vehicles, and about any pets. I interpret it to be for compliance with max number allowed without additional charges. I have never received any comments about being solo. For the state parks I fill out that same information on the online reservation form.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
You know- i has been a while so I don't remember which cg in Maine it was but if I ever run across it again I will be sure to publish it here believe me!

I am always asked how many and any pets. Can't believe a poster here has never been asked.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if the RV park management in question had previously had a problem with somebody hiding out from the law. I doubt whether most RV parks would balk at a single adult using their facility. It will take some time and experience to feel comfortable camping/touring alone. Expect some RV'ers to act "guarded". We have had some possibly dangerous types try to "join" us causing us to pack up and relocate. Be careful as a single camper, especially in rest stops, and non-patrolled camp sites. Try to camp near other RV'ers, not isolated.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
I will be alone this summer. DW passed away after 55 years of marriage and I am not giving up RVing. I will be selling one of my MHs since I can't use 2 at the same time.

Good for you! Having watched my dad in retirement areas after my mom died, I'll tell you your biggest problem will be that you will attract women like flypaper, whether you are ready or not. Maybe not as much in RV parks, I suppose.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

kccwoodworks
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling/living alone has been the norm for me the past 24 years. Heck, even when I was married I went on camping trips alone on my motorcycle. (the wife didn't like riding or camping) I've lived alone in Michigan's upper peninsula, Florida, Illinois, Arizona, Key West, and now St. Thomas, VI. In May I'll come back to the states and begin a 18 month journey alone in my RV, circling the country. 36 states 15,000 miles. I'm looking forward to it! Being alone provides me the opportunity to go where I want, when I want, do what I want. (also the hopes of finishing a book I'm writing) It's all a matter of perspective and ability to be happy with yourself. My grandfather told me when I was young, "If you can't stand your own company, no one else will" Good luck to you, enjoy the solitude.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I travel alone and have never been denied a site at a campground for being a single guy.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad