cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

97 F53 cigarette lighter fuse location??

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys I’m sorry to be a bother but I am stumped here.. my cigarette lighter is dead, I’ve checked the fuses under the steeeing wheel and they don’t seen to be used with Fleetwoods wiring (at least for this), so I checked the panel outside under the hood. Everything looked fine but there were a couple empty spots they said IGN SPARE and they had 15 or 20 amps marked on them.. I put the correct fuses in them just for the heck of it (hey we’re hard to get in there too) but it did nothing... I’ve looked all over online and in my owners envelope but can’t find anything! I just spent $35 on a Ford 1997 class a Motorhome chassis manual on eBay but was wondering if anyone knew where this thing fuses at!!! Any help would be amazing!! Thanks again!
12 REPLIES 12

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
I found it! Replacement fuse did the job!! Thanks again!!

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhhh thanks!!

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
It is fuse number 1 in the power distribution box(not battery control center) under the front hood. It is the box with the plastic cover not the metal one. There is a lift latch to open it. On mine it is the 15 amp on the lower left. Let us know!!
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe, just maybe, it's in the Battery Control Center. Black metal box under the hood. Or maybe that's the box you're looking in. Is the box you're looking in plastic or metal. There are both under the hood. The plastic fuse/relay box is sometimes a bear to open.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks was it listed as cigarette lighter or something? I must have another fuse box in there

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2000 F53, and it was located in the power distribution box in the front of engine.

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks but so far both boxes have been a no go.. hoping there is a third box!

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
Just read your post again. If you are looking under the dash from inside of the motor home that is the wrong place. If you are looking under the engine hood on the outside of the motor home that is where the box is .

My 2005 had 2 cigarette plugs,one for the driver and one for the passenger
the passenger plug fuse was in the bedroom inside a black box on the wall.
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, in the 12 volt center or whatever it’s called where the lp detection, radio, ignition, etc there is no cigar or anything close.. under the dash panel seems to not have anything to do with it as I can see the wires coming out of the back of the lighter going straight out to the front of the coach.. I’m wondering if there is another panel somewhere... I ordered the manual and put a bid on a shop manual too but would love if someone here had a similar year F53 and knew where this darn thing is! There are a bunch that say ign spare, and they are 15 amp.. they were empty and I put new fuses in them and still no luck..

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
ford labeled that cigar and is under the hood i cant remember which number 2005 southwind.

back then ford found it for me call them4

in the middle under the hood

f22 in the f53 power distribution box
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Might be quicker to put a new wire with inline fuse to a good 12 V source.

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
I just went through the same mess you are. My fuse was in the engine compartment. If you checked/changed those I would see if a wire didn't pop off the lighter inside of the dash or maybe the lighter is just bad. As far as fuse locations my rig is a bit newer than yours but check out my thread, maybe it will help you.

Bob
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI