cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

98 Dodge handling problems

starduster67
Explorer
Explorer
Hi its me again with a new concern I guess I should have looked into this more but its spilled milk. You know I love the Coach House wide body we have a deposit on and everything works and its in great shape so why am I worried tonight? Because it is low mileage under 40,000 miles I should have questioned more but didn't,. I've been reading in some forums there's been highway handling problems especially with passing trucks. We didn't drive it on a highway it was nice on regular streets. We want to use it to travel and enjoy sightseeing going to NJ to visit family etc. We use those awful bridges(my opinion) on 50 and 301 over Potomic and Chesapeake Bay, not a good place to have handling problems. What if we are buying something unsafe, frankly I'm a little scared now. Not to go on and on please if any of you can tell me if you had problems what you did can they be corrected I want this little coach but at ages 70 and78 we want to be safe too. I hope I can get some input to settle myself down. Our deposit is non refundable and it was substantial but I'd rather lose money then possibly my life ( sorry don't mean to be dramatic) but I am worried. Thanks in advance for any and all comments and opinions. Joyce
15 REPLIES 15

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
You won't know till you drive it. Some had problems that just couldn't be resolved, some that could be. Most had minor problems that spacers fixed.
Ask if wheel spacers have been put on the rears, spacers usually helped handling.
Dodge used the rear axel off their Pick-Ups and it was a little narrower than the front. The spacers made them track better.
Have you read the FAQ,s at the top of the Class B home page?

Lots of reading in the archives about Dodge handling.
Wheel Spacers