Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Accessory for Travato owners???

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
What do you folks think of this?

Basecamp AquaCube Portable Water Heater

It might be nice to have on hand for boondocking and needing hot water. Kinda bulky though. Gets good reviews.

I'm on the fence. Think I'd just run the generator for 20 mins.

One benefit, besides not having to run the generator, is that you could have your showers off an auxiliary water vessel and not use your main tank.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans
6 REPLIES 6

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
What do you folks think of this?

Basecamp AquaCube Portable Water Heater

It might be nice to have on hand for boondocking and needing hot water. Kinda bulky though. Gets good reviews.

I'm on the fence. Think I'd just run the generator for 20 mins.

One benefit, besides not having to run the generator, is that you could have your showers off an auxiliary water vessel and not use your main tank.

Depending where I was camping, I'd consider the Coleman version of that... or most likely just run the generator, because a propane water heater + a 20# bottle of LP gas + a jug of water can take up a lot of space.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
NCWriter wrote:
For boondocking, you could just get one of those "solar shower" black five gallon bags with a nozzle. You can hang them from a hook or tree. Cheap - about $15.

Flat when empty, so no storage issues. Sold in boating supply stores, LL Bean, etc. Amazing how hot that water gets.

You could also just heat some water in the kettle and put in the bag and hang it in the shower inside the van.

Yes, though the sun, if shining, is free... versus propane to power your stove or a generator to heat water. It would take many kettle-loads to fill 5 gallons. Those black bags heat very fast. A lot of boaters use them.

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
For boondocking, you could just get one of those "solar shower" black five gallon bags with a nozzle. You can hang them from a hook or tree. Cheap - about $15.

Flat when empty, so no storage issues. Sold in boating supply stores, LL Bean, etc. Amazing how hot that water gets.

You could also just heat some water in the kettle and put in the bag and hang it in the shower inside the van.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman makes one also for $100 less. That stupid electric only WH is what keeps me from loving the Travato.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

francheska
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we have a PW and just take a short shower in the van. The portable water heater is neat but than you have to carry and store it some place. Plus showering outside I already have an outside shower.