cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

advice on a 2010 Tiffin Zephyr

n4hwl
Explorer
Explorer
I have found a 2010 Tiffin Zephyr that I am seriously considering buying. It has 33,000 miles on it. I understand that this 10.8 liter cummins engine used a def system. If I remember correctly this was about when the def was starting to be used and I assume this is one of the very early systems on this coach. I am just wondering if anyone has experience with this engine and if there are any common problems i need to look out for. I know the common wet bay floor, slide floor and roof radius I need to look at. Any suggestions, concerns or warnings on this vintage Tiffin?

Thanks

Ken
2014 Tiffin Zephyr
2 REPLIES 2

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or, many of the tiffinrvnetwork people also are on the Tiffin facebook page and you will get a much faster (but not necessarily better) answer to your question.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider joining and posting your questions on the Tiffin Owners forum.
Tiffin RV Network
There are a lot fewer Zephyrs around than other Tiffin models, but there might be someone there that can help.

Update: A little web searching indicated that it may have a pre 2010 ISM engine or possibly an ISX engine. I suggest you try to get the engine serial number and verify with Cummins.
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee