cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

After rv

placethefive
Explorer
Explorer
Where do rv'ers go for the winter after they have given up the rv?
15 REPLIES 15

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
PortWentworthSam wrote:
I've have it on good authority they stay at "Heaven's Gate RV Resort" long term. I hear the place is AWSOME.

X2
Commented this weekend that we intend to keep the current rig until they bury me in it. Then it is on to the Lords Pasture.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Most of the people who go from some place cold to some place warmer for the winter, have never had a RV. Particularly when the trip involves crossing oceans.

The housing market in Florida has not recovered all that well, so it is quite likely you can find a small house or condo in a non-resort area for something less than winter rental of a RV parking space in a nice full service destination park.

I'm not familiiar with oter areas, but know how values are depressed in Florida, working out estate issues on some stick and brick snowbird properties, including one where rental value is now lower than club fees for the golf courses.

I was looking at the height of the real estate market depression and words just can't express all what you could buy for squat and the inventory you had to choose from!!

I'm looking for a friend right now and compared to 2 years ago, the foreclosed inventory has dropped substantially. Still a lot of Nice block homes in very nice areas for around 30,000 to 50,000 most are only 2 bedrooms though. 80,000 to 100,00 still will get you a nice originally priced 300,000+ 3 bedroom house. They are giving away condo's.

I scored big time on the house + acreage I found in Florida and can't be any happier.:C

There is real nice place mid north central Florida where the foreclosed houses that are in a very nice country club estates area are offering FREE FOREVER club fees and green fees with the purchase of the house! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
It's likely we'll become "former RVers" in a few months. Gas prices and CG fee escalation over the last 2 years or so are making the hobby too expensive for our limited retirement income.

We wouldn't be able to put up with the bugs and the humidity in Florida. Three years in Tidewater VA was enough of East Coast summer weather. We didn't like the winters much either, 70 degree high on New Year's Day and 12" of snow 2 weeks later.

Our summers here have plenty of sunshine, highs in the mid-70's, lows in the high 50s and humidity down around 20%. We don't have a/c in the house - rarely miss it. In winter (mid-November through mid-March), it is often dull grey and soggy, but daytime highs rarely stay below freezing, lows can dip into the high 20s.

I guess having been born and lived through my mid-20s in the UK, this is comfortably similar, more like Brittany perhaps. Wouldn't swap it.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the people who go from some place cold to some place warmer for the winter, have never had a RV. Particularly when the trip involves crossing oceans.

The housing market in Florida has not recovered all that well, so it is quite likely you can find a small house or condo in a non-resort area for something less than winter rental of a RV parking space in a nice full service destination park.

I'm not familiiar with oter areas, but know how values are depressed in Florida, working out estate issues on some stick and brick snowbird properties, including one where rental value is now lower than club fees for the golf courses.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
You will have to peel My Cold Dead Hands off the Steering Wheel!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
I've retired 3 times now. We sold the big Diesel Mandalay in 2006 and bought a beautiful lakefront home in Auburndale, Florida. Started visiting the North again cause we missed the family so much we bought a much smaller gas motorhome to facilitate the trips back and forth. Now we will probably sell the Florida property this month and stay up North till after Christmas and the cold gets too much and then start exploring the West Coast in the gasser. Just do what you want, within the law, within your means. Best of luck to you.
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
placethefive wrote:
Where do rv'ers go for the winter after they have given up the rv?

2 happiest days, the day I purchased my MH and 2nd the day I sold it. Went to Fl. and purchased a Modular Home for pocket change compared to the cost of a MH. Smiling all the way to the bank. ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Jump into the waters of all the foreclosed homes in Florida!

I could not resist buying a nice home for practically nothing, here in Florida. Picked one up on acreage set back far from the road no deed restrictions. My MH is still parked out front. Thought I would use the house only as a home base eliminate on the high CG costs during the winter months yet still follow the cooler weather during the summer months. Thinking of selling it this month.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
They sit around in a warm climate and count all the money they are saving.

Loving it in Fort Myers. FL. Miss the RV? Sometimes.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Winter is the best time to go to the National Parks. No crowds and the wildlife are all out. Besides that, the snow makes everything beautiful.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
They sit around in a warm climate and count all the money they are saving.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someplace warm.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

PortWentworthSa
Explorer
Explorer
I've have it on good authority they stay at "Heaven's Gate RV Resort" long term. I hear the place is AWSOME.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Some go to a park model at the same location where they used to go with the RV.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler