cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air pump won't shut off

jtwiley
Explorer
Explorer
Our monaco has air bag levelers, on our last trip the pump came on in the middle of the night and would not shut off. Every couple of minutes the excess air would dump. I pulled the fuse to the pump to get it to shut off. I put the fuse back in at home and does the same thing, any ideals on how to correct this problem. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
William B wrote:
It could as simple as the pressure switch controlling the compressor. Been there done that.
Agree. Since the system is dumping the excess air the pressure switch that turns the pump on/off has failed and is stuck in the on position. Easy fix if you have the skills. If you know where the switch is first try giving it a whack with a mallet just to make sure it's not stuck.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
It could as simple as the pressure switch controlling the compressor. Been there done that.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'm having the same problem. There is a pump that comes on every 10 minutes or so just for about 3 seconds. The noise is coming from the front wheel area.

I have turned off our leveling system and it still makes the noise. It doesn't matter if I have the leveling jacks down or if we are leveling on the air bags.

I'll have it checked out when I get the chassis lubed in a couple of thousand miles.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you have an air leak at one of the valves attached to the pump. They're usually mounted above the rear axle although Monaco started putting them up front so as not to disturb your sleep if it comes on in the middle of the night...time for some soapy water solution on the pump itself...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

jtwiley
Explorer
Explorer
08 camelot. 42' the system is a power gear

jtwiley
Explorer
Explorer
No it stays level pump just runs, ill give that a try to see if the pump shuts off .

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
jtwiley: What model and year is your coach? Which system do you have: HWH or Power Gear/Valid?

Moisheh

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
After my system auto air levels, I push the circle button (bottom left) that shuts the system off. Even after a month it's still level so no need to leave the system active. While this does not solve your problem, it should keep the 12V air pump from coming on. Are any of the yellow lights on... front, L/R sides, or back?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...