cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazing 1998 Monaco Dynasty crash reconstruction update

mexicanpiloto13
Explorer III
Explorer III

Looks like photos are not allowed, too bad, I wish they were.    Our Monaco was totaled after a crash in Bakersfield, with heavy damage to the rear cap and all the way up the left side.   When I first saw the damage done by a large truck, I told my wife 'we will never again be able to drive this RV"  However, we have no slides, and the frame,  I believe, was stronger and  it kept all the damage cosmetic and all systems worked and we were able to  drive the rig back to Phoenix and dropped it off at Ultimate Collision and RV in Peoria.  With an older rig, it was getting impossible to locate  parts in salvage yards, and the largest yard in Kentucky, Visione, had nothing left that would fit.  The Ultimate Collision crew was able to get parts from other Monaco's at Arizona RV Salvage,  such as a Monaco Diplomat which provided the huge fiberglass section from the left corner up to in front of the rear wheel.  I got some doors from Victorville, an aluminum hub from Missouri and they were able to get started. Just saw a photo of the Rig in the paint booth and it is quite incredible how its coming together. Robbie, their fiberglass expert is a true artist.  I'm glad Freightliner in Avondale recommended Sunny Singh and his crew.  We have full photos on the Monacoers Forum.  search for crash damage.   https://www.monacoers.org/forum/1-motorhome-discussions/

2 REPLIES 2

mexicanpiloto13
Explorer III
Explorer III

20240521_151108.jpg20240521_182110.jpgIMG_4898.jpgIMG_4901.jpgIMG_4903.jpgIMG_4911.jpgIMG_3642.jpgIMG_3643.jpgIMG_3822.jpgIMG_4049.jpg

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Glad you're getting it back together and hopefully this will soon all be a memory.

For the pictures are you using the camera icon on the posting page to upload the photos?

Monaco.jpg

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup