cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any experience with Freightliner in Apopka, FL (Good/ Bad?)

StephJohn2010
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in Florida about the time our rig will need its yearly maintenance done and am wondering about Orlando Freightliner?
John & Steph
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (35,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited Active Drive II
8 REPLIES 8

dpscll
Explorer
Explorer
I live near Orlando and my first trip to freightliner was to Apopka. It was awful. I wanted them to do an alignment on my front wheels. The service tech asked me if I would like my tires and brakes checked while they were doing it since it would be raised off the floor. I said yes. When I got my bill I noticed a charge of $150 for checking brakes and tires. What a rip off! From now on, I go to the Freightliner in South Orlando off South OBT. It is very good and honest. But if you want the best service of all in Orlando - go to the Cummins Dealer on Hwy 441 in north Orlando. They're the best!

Leewhiz
Explorer
Explorer
I used Cummings Southeast in Orlando last year without any problems. They did a complete service on all required items with no problems. I am planning to going back to them again this year when needed.
Lee
2008 Tiffin Phaeton QDH

StephJohn2010
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I was thinking that something may have been "different" with them and I got my confirmation.
John & Steph
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (35,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited Active Drive II

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
rvservicereviews.com not good
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Bad.

They claimed the source of my very rapid suspension air leak was a cracked fitting.

WRONG.

It was a blown air bag which I had a local truck repair facility replace at my expense rather than return to Orlando for more abuse. My coach was almost new and well under Freightliner warranty at the time.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went to Orlando FL once and would not go back. They overfilled my CAT after explicit instruction and changed all the Transynd at the first service when all they needed to do was replace the filter. But mostly, its because it is a huge place, yo are not allowed anywhere near your RV while it is in the yard, too big and impersonal, never met the tech.

I switched to Ocala FL, same company. Much smaller shop, I liked the manager better and could watch the service tech work on my RV. The tech actually came over and talked to me before he started to make sure we were on the same page and let me know how everything went afterwards.

I would do Gaffney if at all possible.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mvpmich
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest planning a few days and take a side trip to Freightliner in Gaffney, SC. They offer a discount in January and will do a fabulous job. Attend camp frieghtliner if you have a couple of extra days.
mvpmich
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2

DanTheRVMan
Explorer
Explorer
I can not prove they are competent based on some of my interactions with them. Other interactions were ok. YMMV
Dan
Tiffin Phaeton
Allegro Red 36ft Sold