cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have the Sunnseeker 2450S on a Chevy?

2wiresdave
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering what the OCCC capacity yellow sticker says on the entrance door, or if anyone has had one weighed?

Like this floor plan, like it's on a Chevy - curious what kind of capacity it will afford us.

Thanks!
2Wires
6 REPLIES 6

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the ranks of owning a Chevy Based Class C.

This thread may be helpful to you and may answer some of the questions

you may have about owning a Chevy.

Click Here

If you want to get a little more room in the floor plan you may like to see what a Swivel Seat in the passenger side will do for you. It really opened up mine and it is like yours with the small seat near the door.

Swivel Seat
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
According to this site the dry weight is 11,200#.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
I'm sure you have it, but according to this floorplan and specs page, Gross Vehicle Weight with Chevy Chassis is 14,200-pounds. That's about as good as you can get, as Ford Chassis is 14,500-pounds, the highest available in a Class C. Forest River doesn't publish the Curb Weight, Empty Weight, As Delivered Weight so actual capacity isn't available without weighing one. Unless manufacturer is willing to tell you.

Try asking here:

Forest River Sunseeker Forum

There is a Forest River Rep, that is active with answering qustions, quite often. Even responding to private messages and helping out.

Good Luck,
Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sure you have it, but according to this floorplan and specs page, Gross Vehicle Weight with Chevy Chassis is 14,200-pounds. That's about as good as you can get, as Ford Chassis is 14,500-pounds, the highest available in a Class C. Forest River doesn't publish the Curb Weight, Empty Weight, As Delivered Weight so actual capacity isn't available without weighing one. Unless manufacturer is willing to tell you.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

2wiresdave
Explorer
Explorer
This will be on a 2014 or 2015.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have one, but your answer to a question will help... Is this new enough to be on a Chevy 4500 (not 3500!) Chassis? If it's on a 4500 you should have lots of carrying capacity on that mid-sized Class C, same as if it was on the 1-1/2-ton Ford E450. Also have a more comfortable cab, better tracking and driving, along with slightly better gas mileage.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB