cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not sure what to say but I had to take some pictures...

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
I was leaving Sams club and in a rush to get home but after seeing this out of the corner of my eye, I had to turn around and snap some quick pictures with my cell phone.

Yes, those are gaping holes on the front cap around the windshield. Yes, there is at least a ton of stuff strapped tot he roof including a full size canoe. Also, my GPD mount got in the way but there was a very sizable load of stuff under a tarp on the trailer it was pulling. Yes, the sidewalls are completely buckled and it is riding on the springs. Also yes, this thing has been on the road, it was Wally Docked. It was not there on Friday.

Someone is driving this thing around and based on the English and Spanish "Beware of Dog" signs and out of state plates, this thing goes all over the place. I don't get it and would be scared if I saw that thing next to me on the highway.

After looking at the pictures at home, the one regret that I will take to the grave is that I didn't stop and read the several paragraphs that are written on that paper posted on the drivers side door window.

1998 bounder 36s V10 F53
24 REPLIES 24

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok..Lets move on

JohnnyT Moderator
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what to say? I do.

Except for the grace of God, there go I.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I bet there is a rain suit on the back of the drivers seat. When it gets to raining hard he's going to need it. Now you see the need for the "10 year" rule.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
A few things come to mind:

An RV version of a "Traveller"
Jack of all trades and certainly master of none
What a pain in the $$$ to get that generator off of the roof
His wife kicked him out of the house

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Is that some simple delamination or is it structural failure? Lol

I know it can just be the camera or angle, but that rear section certainly looks like it's sagging in both pictures where you see the full sides.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Is that some simple delamination or is it structural failure? Lol

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
There but for the grace of God go I........
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Kafn8td
Explorer
Explorer
That's a Minnesota plate. He more than legal here.

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
I think the eternabond on that rig is worth more than the rig...
1999 Itasca Sunrise

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
Romer1 wrote:
OhhWell wrote:

After looking at the pictures at home, the one regret that I will take to the grave is that I didn't stop and read the several paragraphs that are written on that paper posted on the drivers side door window.

It's the For Sale by Owner sheet listing all the features.

:B
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
As far as I know, every state has laws that allow the police to pull over ANY vehicle that the officer feels is unsafe.
I am guessing that the owner of this rig is not as fortunate as most of us but I also assume that most police officers would pull this vehicle over if they saw it on the highway.

That's what was bugging me. This thing has been all over the place. All the talk you hear about worrying about getting pulled over for being overweight or without trailer brakes and you see this thing...

Another odd bit is that the canoe is nice, the huge generator (On the roof?????) is nice and it looked like there was a pretty nice trike of some sorts on the trailer but there is a gaping hole in the front of this thing.

Also, I don't want to meet the guy who can take a wheeled generator on and off of a motorhome with a ladder under any animosity. Maybe that's just where it sits permanently and he runs it from there.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
OhhWell wrote:

It's the For Sale by Owner sheet listing all the features.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
You know, times are hard for many and I'm not going to be judgmental.
This is how my grandfather traveled after he lost his farm in the 30's to the Dust Bowl.
There could be more going on here than meets the eye.

That was my initial thought too. I guess the owner would not be welcome to stay at a high end campground? In reality it sure looks unsafe so what about all the others the driver might put in harm's way?

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

There could be more going on here than meets the eye.

Oh, I can guarantee that. What meets the eye is odd enough but I bet there is a very interesting individual in there.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53