cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone removed the splendide combo from an older Fleetwood?

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
I have an odor coming from behind the Washer / Dryer combo unit in our 1998 Bounder 36s. I suspect a bad vent valve or something back there and want to pull it out to inspect.

My question to anyone who has done similar is how much slack do I have to work with on the vent hose? It looks like I may have to remove the vent cover on the outside of the coach to detach the vent hose first.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53
4 REPLIES 4

ImNuts
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled the w/d from my 99 Pace Arrow Vision last week to fix a leak. After pulling out the cabinet bottom from the cabinet above the unit, I was able to reach the supply lines, drain, and exhaust vent. My vent was attached with a worm clamp, just like a house unit. The vent hose was the accordion style and was probably 12-18" long. There was more than enough space to undo the clamp from the upper cabinet.

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
My trap was empty from not running the washer in quite some time but neither that nor the vent valve were my problem. The smell was coming from the large hole behind the washer that lead to the underbelly. It sort of smelled like something died down there. I just spray foamed the hole. I also cleaned the 15 years of dust and gunk that was back there and found a hand mirror from who knows when.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

emorris548
Explorer
Explorer
Had a odor problem behind my washer in a 04 Southwind. The vent valve was ok. The problem was the drain hose had worked it's way down the drain pipe into the pea trap which did not allow water to stay in the trap to block odor, as soon as I poured water down the drain the odor when away. Repositioned the hose and solved the problem. I was lucky on my model and was able to slightly open a panel behind the unit. May not be your problem but something else to check.

Lemo

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
I answered my own question: Yes, you do have to remove the exterior vent cover on the Washer Dryer. There is only just enough hose as would be expected. There was no hose clamp used so pulling the unit without removing the vent would not have hurt anything but it would be impossible to hook back up.

In other news... Holy COw does that thing weigh a lot! Also, there certainly is a plumbing vent valve back there as well as a large hole to the underbelly.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53