cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquahot burner cleaning tip

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
I have been doing maintenance on our new to us coach. The aquahot system was next. The burner was quite dirty, sprayed it with carb cleaner and put it in the parts washer, after 15-20 minutes it wasn't much different if at all so I used great value oven cleaner. Wow took that sticky crud loose in about 15 minutes. A soaking longer would have been better, an hour or 2 maybe.
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing
5 REPLIES 5

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
barnaclebill wrote:
Executive wrote:
While the nozzle change etc. is pretty easy and most any DIY can do it, be sure to check the fuel pressure as well. I don't have the means to do that so I leave that service to my technician....Dennis

Dennis, how is that RVI charger working? Any issues? I have a 2012 Equinox and am going to run a ???? something to keep the battery charged up when leaving the key to acc.
Tks, Bill

Since I installed it last December it's working exactly as it was touted. I'm pleased with it's performance. Also, I've had no 'wobble' since it's installation....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
While the nozzle change etc. is pretty easy and most any DIY can do it, be sure to check the fuel pressure as well. I don't have the means to do that so I leave that service to my technician....Dennis

Dennis, how is that RVI charger working? Any issues? I have a 2012 Equinox and am going to run a ???? something to keep the battery charged up when leaving the key to acc.
Tks, Bill
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
Nozzle & fuel filter on it's way.
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
barnaclebill wrote:
I have been doing maintenance on our new to us coach. The aquahot system was next. The burner was quite dirty, sprayed it with carb cleaner and put it in the parts washer, after 15-20 minutes it wasn't much different if at all so I used great value oven cleaner. Wow took that sticky crud loose in about 15 minutes. A soaking longer would have been better, an hour or 2 maybe.

I would recommend that a part of the regular maintenance is to replace the nozzle. I replace mine annually and it works great.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG