cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Attwood Wedgewood Vision Oven Door ... won't close

Sprig
Explorer
Explorer
The Attwood Wedgewood Vision oven door in my 2003 Damon coach will not close.

In fact, it seems like something may be installed backwards because the door is currently spring loaded to OPEN by a small force.

The few times I have used the oven, I have simply placed a chair against the door. However, while a quick fix, and not something I need to do often anyways, I think it would be nice to know if there is a KNOWN issue and fix for this problem.

I CAN figure it out for myself, but I just can't believe someone has not already invented the wheel.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

BScaff
Explorer
Explorer
Just bumping this to the top. I really need help.
2004 dodge 3500 dually 5.9 Cummings
2009 Jayco Designer 35RLTS

BScaff
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to see if anyone found an answer to this problem. My Wedgewood oven door just will not stay closed. Likes about an inch. Springs seem ok. I took the door off could not find anything that looked weak, broke or bent.
2004 dodge 3500 dually 5.9 Cummings
2009 Jayco Designer 35RLTS

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Check to see if the door springs to see if they have broken or are stretched out of shape. Some oven have adjustment holes to reposition the spring tension. You may have to pull the oven out some to get to the springs.

cpmath
Explorer
Explorer
Dude what is wrong with you?

Sprig
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Many oven doors are designed with a latch to lock it partially open.

:? I can see this for a Fridge door, but really does not seem to make sense on an oven.

donn0128 wrote:
This allows you to lift it off and replace it without loosing the spring. Look to see if there are latches on the hinges.

:? :? :?

Why would I want to remove the oven door?

Again, I can troubleshoot the problem by thoroughly investigating the unit and find a solution for myself. That would include "looking" at the hinges after I took the door apart...

Remember the "wheel" comment in my OP???

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many oven doors are designed with a latch to lock it partially open. This allows you to lift it off and replace it without loosing the spring. Look to see if there are latches on the hinges.