cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning on a 2010 Popular 210 Roadtrek

odoski
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2010 Popular 210 Roadtrek. The awning pulls out beautifully but I don't know if it is supposed to secure to the body of the RV. It looks as though there are two "latches" on the Roadtrek for something to hook in to. We bought this used from a dealer and there was no apparent apparatus to secure the awning from even a slight bit of wind. Does anyone know how or what we need to secure the awning and if so where could we purchase it?

Thanks
C. O'Donogue
3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
We just got a 1998 Dodge Roadtrek with that same awning. At least with our van, the support bars that attach to the van body are located inside each end of the awning part that you pull out from the awning compartment on the van. The supports swivel out and fasten to those two plastic pieces attached to the van body. Their lengths are adjustable with a round clamp handle on each which locks them at the proper length. There is another adjustable bar that we found stored on the inside of right hand door of the toilet/closet enclosure. This attaches to plastic pieces in the centers of the awning compartment and the frame piece that you pull out of the compartment. It helps keep the awning from sagging in the middle. Our crank handle is attached to the wall next to the toilet. Your set up may be different than ours but this may give you some clues about yours.

dwhitmoyer
Explorer
Explorer

The two supports can be anchored to the ground or they can go into those brackets on the van. I'll see if I can't find a picture.
I downsized my rig to fit my dog.

loving_retireme
Explorer
Explorer
odoski wrote:
We have a 2010 Popular 210 Roadtrek. The awning pulls out beautifully but I don't know if it is supposed to secure to the body of the RV. It looks as though there are two "latches" on the Roadtrek for something to hook in to. We bought this used from a dealer and there was no apparent apparatus to secure the awning from even a slight bit of wind. Does anyone know how or what we need to secure the awning and if so where could we purchase it?

Thanks
C. O'Donogue

After extending the awning about half way I believe you should find supports at either "end" of the extended awning if it is Fiamma which anchor in the brackets on the side of your 210 RT. These supports can also be anchored to the ground if you want. My Fiamma also has a center support which RT stored in an lower outside compartment along with the crank. Added the word end.