cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Replacement

126crosby
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced the main awning (careless touchfree) on tneir coach? If so what type replaced it. Any ideas
5 REPLIES 5

126crosby
Explorer
Explorer
There are many companys out there. My original quextion. Has "anyone" replaced their main awning (carefree touchless) on their coach?? If so what type did you replace it with.

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
There may be some useful information here : RV AWNINGS NEW/USED/REBUILT, BROOKINGS OREGON

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

126crosby
Explorer
Explorer
I need tl replace entire awning including the swing arms.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Are you talking about replacing the entire awning or just the material? I assume just material but not sure. I replaced the material on ours a few weeks ago. The material cost $171 from Sunwave

You can go to the manufacturer and get the original type material, for our A&E awning that would have cost more than twice as much. I liked the Sunwave material because it's one piece. Other replacement awnings are 2 pieces, the valance is a separate piece so the roller tube is exposed between the main section and the valance.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
first thing you need to do is determine what brand awning it is. then look for replacement material. I got mine at a dealer and they put it in for me. you can do it your self but it takes two people who have a good idea of what they are doing. the main spring is the bad part. you can get hurt if you don't do it right.