Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couldn't agree more that's why we're looking real hard at the Phoenix Cruiser 2100. Really like the walk around bed feature with a full time dinette. Not fond of the sofa to bed arrangement, but don't want anything longer.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Gary_Swanson
Explorer
Explorer
The Pleasure-Way Plateau XLMB is a beautiful and well done B+, and 2' (that's two feet!!) shorter than Leisure Van's Wonder. The deal breaker for us in both units: the inside (driver's side) sleeper has to crawl over the other sleeper in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Not a problem in our younger years but it is now. Phoenix Cruiser's 2100 and 2400 solve the problem by having a slide with an electric trifold bed that you can walk around.
Gary
2003 Trail-Lite B+ 211S on
2003 Chevy 6.0 liter V-8

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
paddykernahan wrote:
Long time pop-up camper >30 years.
I was in the market for a B or a C without the bed over the cab.

Like the idea of a class distinction of B+.
It helped me do the research.

I bought a C (B+) about 6 weeks ago.
Pleasure-Way Plateau XLMB

your PW is an exemplary example of the B+ distincrion

like pleasure-way, several former mfgrs of B vans (e.g., LTV, Coach House, Phoenix) have largely switched to the B+ platform. the cutaway B+ is simply the natural evolutionary advance that allows improvements in their experience and dedication to building quality compact (previously limited) spaces for 1 or 2 persons in diminutive streamlintd vehicles
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
Long time pop-up camper >30 years.
I was in the market for a B or a C without the bed over the cab.

Like the idea of a class distinction of B+.
It helped me do the research.

I bought a C (B+) about 6 weeks ago.
Pleasure-Way Plateau XLMB

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
To me a B+ is a van cutaway chassis with a standard RV slab side "house" with a one piece front cap without a sleeping area over the driver and passenger seats.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE wrote:
goreds2 wrote:
Is this a B+ ?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/5847614790.html

77 Rockwood dodge Customized
As you might have already known, there is not a RVIA Class B+. The B+ is a marketing trick to make you think you are buying a small Class B motorhome with a few more inches of room all around.

The RVIA still only has 3 classes.
Class A - a motorhome built on a truck chassis with no standard cab.
Class B - a motorhome built entirely within the walls of a van.
Class C - a motorhome built on a van chassis, but nothing from the factory behind the front seats except frame and rear differential.

So....this would be a Class C meaning it left the Dodge factory as driveable, but no restricted space behind the front seats.

See - http://www.rvia.org/?
esid=types

*added link to RVIA

gene,

go read the side of your trail lite to discover what you own

no trickery involved in B+ terminology. many of us here and elsewhere on forums have clearly demarcated the salient distinctions of B+ w/r C.

i think ron dittmer recently put it all in a neat perspective when opining that B+s are motorhomes designed for couples.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
goreds2 wrote:
Is this a B+ ?

As you might have already known, there is not a RVIA Class B+. The B+ is a marketing trick to make you think you are buying a small Class B motorhome with a few more inches of room all around.

The RVIA still only has 3 classes.
Class A - a motorhome built on a truck chassis with no standard cab.
Class B - a motorhome built entirely within the walls of a van.
Class C - a motorhome built on a van chassis, but nothing from the factory behind the front seats except frame and rear differential.

So....this would be a Class C meaning it left the Dodge factory as driveable, but no restricted space behind the front seats.

See - http://www.rvia.org/?
esid=types

*added link to RVIA
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a B+ ?

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Gary_Swanson
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE, I've sent you a PM.
Gary
2003 Chevy 6.0 liter V-8

Gary_Swanson
Explorer
Explorer
harmini, IMHO you got a killer deal on that 251, assuming the photo provided shows the rig in its nearly current condition. I'm softly/firmly looking to replace my 2003 211S and what I've found out there is significantly (read way more) expensive for the features and quality I've had for the last 14 years. You all can PM me if you want more info as to why I'm looking to figuratively abandon ship but it's not because the rig has problems: it's more me that has the problems. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ž
Gary
2003 Chevy 6.0 liter V-8

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are a couple floor plans:
Model 235S

Model 251
Gene

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
The price seems good. Does it not have a built in genset? I see the Honda on your rear carrier.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

harmini
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased a 2008 R-vision trail-lite 251 with 47K miles, all new tires, new power awning, new roof mounted satellite with Dish Network receiver. Paid $20K from a guy down the street. Did I do ok? Can't seem to find much info on this unit.

Interior showed some wear as previous owner lived in it 6 months a year. The vinyl seat material was just falling apart so I reupholstered the front seats using custom order Cover King leather seat covers from Costco. Had the dinette reupholstered by a local shop. Still have to do the jacknife couchette.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
rovenorth wrote:
Well, here goes ... my first post! I saw an ad some days ago for a 2003 Trail Lite, and will have a look at it this afternoon or tomorrow. Meanwhile, over the last few days, I've been reading through these 359 pages! Yup, you guessed it: I'm retired. What a terrific history this thread is.

The vehicle I'll be looking at is listed as a "2003 LE" but no model number is given. I'm guessing, based on what I've learned in this thread, it's a 213. It's a Chevy with a rear kitchen, side entry, and a slider. Mileage is listed as "less than 20,000" and condition as "good, no problems." Asking price is $23k obo, and its owner -- the original owner -- notes he paid $45k.

And right this moment, that's all I know. Though we're both retired, my wife and I don't travel much ... it seems there's always something to do around the house and so on. I figure we'll use the vehicle for short trips here in Washington State, and maybe up the British Columbia coast when we're feeling rich enough to pay those ferry rates.

Best to you all ...

Paul
I have information from a 2004 brochure and there is no mention of a LE. From your description, I would guess a Model 235S, Model 213's did not have a slide. The price they paid is in the ball-park. The mileage is low, mine has over 50,000. I would check the date on the tires. That is about a $1,000 to $1,200 cost. The 11 year old tires (if original) would not be very safe. I would not sell mine for $23k; but that does not mean it is worth that. We just like it so much that $23k would not buy us something we would like better.
Gene

rovenorth
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here goes ... my first post! I saw an ad some days ago for a 2003 Trail Lite, and will have a look at it this afternoon or tomorrow. Meanwhile, over the last few days, I've been reading through these 359 pages! Yup, you guessed it: I'm retired. What a terrific history this thread is.

The vehicle I'll be looking at is listed as a "2003 LE" but no model number is given. I'm guessing, based on what I've learned in this thread, it's a 213. It's a Chevy with a rear kitchen, side entry, and a slider. Mileage is listed as "less than 20,000" and condition as "good, no problems." Asking price is $23k obo, and its owner -- the original owner -- notes he paid $45k.

And right this moment, that's all I know. Though we're both retired, my wife and I don't travel much ... it seems there's always something to do around the house and so on. I figure we'll use the vehicle for short trips here in Washington State, and maybe up the British Columbia coast when we're feeling rich enough to pay those ferry rates.

Best to you all ...

Paul