Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

ARcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that if it's a cutaway, its a C, or B+, or C minus. But definitely not a B. My understanding is all true B's use the entire van body - doors etc, except for the fiberglass roof.

In my mind, my RT V200 is a C due to its cutaway chassis.
Now, as a former owner, I have always wondered about how I feel about Pleasure-Way. The Lexor models are definitely B's. But the Excel models have had the body widened, which violates my B rules..... but they still use all the factory body panels and doors, which is in line with my B rules.... so I still consider them a true B - or at least a lot closer to a true B than the 200 Versatile is.
2 Big Cruisers, The Little Man, and Bailey / ARcruiser's Class B's (the first ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Rig #8 Under Construction! / Here's the Project Thread - I'm actually working on it again!

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think a power seat would violate the rule since they come standard in several other C's and B+ Motorhomes. I wasn't planning on the swivel idea, the thought of that spinning loose at 65 mphs is scary.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that the Xplorer follows the same rule as the 200, since you have a fiberglass body!
Isn't it amazing what drivel we disperse to keep this thread alive!
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
This topic is a year old today! What a good one!

Our Xplorer has dual wheels but is a Class B van (I think)

Marilyn
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Depends upon the VIN. If the builder's VIN calls it a cutaway, I think it it is a class c. But, what do I know? And I own a Class B+ (and is really a class c; a Trail-Lite B+ 225).

Larry B.

Larry B
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

http:/www.196th.org/

CAcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Even the roadtrek 200 is a b+ because it runs a cutaway. A lot of people like the B+ but the 200 has single rear wheels instead of dual ones. What do you think the Roadtrek 200 really is.
CAcruiser from the RV forum for ATV Forum guys.

Who knows what we are getting.

We are getting a Class C. We dont know what brand we are getting.

Ellne
Explorer
Explorer
That's a good point. I think you are saved again from being wrong!

Ellen
2004 BT Cruiser 5230

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think B+'s are really 'van conversions". They are Class C's since they use a cutaway chassis.
I may be wrong; I was wrong last year, but it was a mistake, and I was not wrong afterall.

Larry B.

*This Message was edited on 26-Feb-03 09:14 PM by wlbjrincctx*
Larry B
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

http:/www.196th.org/

Ellne
Explorer
Explorer
I found this information on a website for van conversions:

"Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standard (FMVSS) 208 was set by the Department of Transportation in 1992 to reduce the injuries caused during collisions involving van conversions. Van conversions created after 1992 must have all seating and tables locked down to the floor. Also, captain's chairs can no longer swivel. Adapters are available for pre-1992 vehicles"

That seems to mess up that idea!
Ellen
2004 BT Cruiser 5230

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
We're trying to add power adjustment seats to our new 235S. Not having much luck. Most swivel pedestals on the aftermarket add 4 inches to the height of the seat. That puts your knees about in the steering wheel.

SECOND THOUGHT and a Question???
I'm looking at adding a luggage box to the vertical wall behind the kitchen under the window. This clears all vents and windows. Anyone done/heard of doing this? I found something on the internet called a "Carry All Box" that was made for vertical mounting on the back of Vans, etc. Manufacturer is Omnistor.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
ellne:
I haven't gotten to that yet. I believe that the first step is to convert to a pedestal that is designed to accept the chevy seat. I had done some research on that, but it was about three personal crises ago, and I haven't gotten back to it yet. I did find a pedestal from a van supply company I believe that had swivel pedestals fitting the chevy van. My next mod is to put some type of additional amplifier in the 4 way Kenwood speakers I put in the back instead of the ones supplied. I am trying to decide whether to add another amp for the back speakers, or leave them alone and get a sub woofer of some sort. Right now, I have more sense than money, so that will be a month or so off. Then the seats; then the wheels; then redo the upholstery, etc., etc.
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

Ellne
Explorer
Explorer
Dan

The moral of the story is--put in coffee colored carpet.

Many pages ago you mentioned that you were planning to make the passenger seat swivel..did you do that? Sounded like a good idea, wondered if you figured out how to do it.
Ellen
2004 BT Cruiser 5230

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Ellne:
There is an outside compartment that is approximately 20"x20"x32". It holds a good amount of stuff. I put additonal cords, tools, hitch, jumper cables, sewer hose, and other things. I have never had a problem with storage in my unit (which has some less due to the slide on the right side).
Just had my carpet professonally cleaned to try and eliminate a large coffee spill from last week. Lesson learned: the carpet isn't apparently scotch guarded - an expensive lesson. I will apparently need to have the carpet dyed to remove the stain. I may elect to have the carpet replaced in a year anyway and live with the stain!
Now that my warranty is up, I am going to be rebuilding some of the drawer hardware, and strengthen the microwave mounting, both of which have been a chronic weakness of the factory arrangement. I suspect that the amount of urban driving I do aggravates the wear on those components. I really don't fault the factory much, since they rely on much use of their product, unlike my pattern. I would suspect that the wear I am seeing will begin to show up after about three to four years of traditional use. My coach battery is showing signs of wearing out, with relatively short periods of holding it's charge. My experience has been to only have one to two years of useful life from those "deep cycle" batteries anyway. I will be replacing it soon.
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

Plusit
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the end of the internet, fanman!

fanman
Explorer
Explorer
Whew!
Yhis has got to be the longest thread.
Fanman. . . usually blowing a lot of hot air!
2011 Newmar Bay Star
2005 Saturn VUE