Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

WAGM
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, I am glad to see that you guys are alive and kicking!!! I don`t read CVC anymore since all the B+ stuff gets booted over to "C" and I was uninvited to go to a "B" rally. We are still cruzing Oklahoma as when I was working we went all over the states, April 1 was our first outing this year and going again this weekend and into next weekend. The ole 86 B+ is still rolling along like it was a new one and Gene the macerator is still pumping poop, I think if it ever quits I gotta buy another one.:B

See yall in the funnies, Warren
Warren and Gwen SKP 1605
1985 Transtar

THE CHUCK WAGON

on Chev G30 van, 350 w/4.10 drw 23 feet long

IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, THEN I AM FAST, CHEAP, AND EASY.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Gene, as for Monaco creating upward pricing of the R-Vision line, it has gotta help, especially if some new ideas flow from Monaco to TL lineup. I was surprised that there is still a Class A lineup by R-Vision (as shown at the website you linked) since Monaco already covers that area.

On a somewhat related note, look at this picture...

http://www.campingworld.com/rvs/vehicleDetail.cfm/a-d/tc-36261/vid-189809/

Even if I were not legally blind, no one could blame me for mistaking the Four Winds Siesta 21BC for my TL 213 in a parking lot. Even if I entered the wrong vehicle, I would have to think for a while before realizing the mistake! Note the price is comparable to similar TL models.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - I found that same unit on the R-Vision website Trail-Lite. But there they call it the T&C Touring Sedan not the Sport. I searched the website as my dealer has a "Town & Country Sport" advertised for $58,414.00 and I was not familiar with that model. This must be the result of R-Vision being sold to the Monaco Coach Corp. Monaco Coach is the largest builder of Class A diesel motorhomes and the 5th largest Class A gasoline motorhome manufacturer. Do you suppose our units have now increased in value? .....fat chance.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Keewwl! :C
It really does have the same lines as my 2003, just a lot more "modern" looking interior and outside paint. Just makes me appreciate the one I have all the more, and I know I got a steal of a price compared to this little gem.
Thanks for sharing.
2003 Trail-Lite 211 B-Plus LE
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

It's more than a motorhome,
It's a car I can go to the bathroom in.
โ€“ Homer Simpson

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all you 211 B+ owners, check out this little gem for updating ideas...

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/addetail.html?82574704

Any guess as to selling price?
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dan - We also have a 211S and only had a leak one time. We have not replaced the seals. The one time, I blame myself the way I parked the unit. The right front was low and the rain came from the left. My theory is that the rain poured on the outside roof of the slide ran against the unit and then forward - overwhelmed the seal. We had wet carpet, about as wet as spilling a half cup of water. Have made sure for all subsequent rains, the unit was parked with the right side slightly elevated. No problems.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
Dan we have a 211S also (2003) Have never replaced slides and tighten them as much as I can when we put them in. To my notice we've never had a leak at least not due to the seals.
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Dan, why would you think you tighten it too much? That whole mechanism (I don't have one) is a lot bigger than you are. But the main thing is no matter how hard you tighten, how much pressure do you think you can really exert on those seals, since they are probably 3-4' from the cranking mechanism?
If I'm all wet;) here just let me know!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone recently had the seals replaced on their B+ slide? I am wondering if the factory seal is still being used. Since my slide is hand cranked, I also wonder if I tighten it too much - giving way to failure and leakage? I would not be afraid to get new seal material and start over, but really don't know how to remove old material and what to replace it with.

Dan
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Ph, I use silicone as a gasket as well as gap filler. Sometimes taking the offending part apart and reassembling with silicone between every surface does the trick.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Ph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas in search of a rattle. I am about to give up and just live with it. I, however, did just notice that when I bang on the driver's outside rear view mirror it sounds much the same. I'll tape it down and take a trip over my favorite rattle inducing road.

Glad Dan is back-his old posts helped give me confidence we would like out 211 (no slide).

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
We've never had a leak in ours (211s) It sat in our yard all winter while we were in Florida. Time now to get it repacked and ready to roll. First campout is weekend before Memorial Day. Then Memorial Day weekend we go out with the kids and grandkids including friends inlaws and outlaws. How's the gas prices going to affect all of you? Put 18 gallons in the 211 yesterday to top it off at 2.90.9 per gallon came to 52 dollars and change. Filled the car up with a bit over 9 gallons for $28 at 2.999 (two different stations) Guess we wont be taking any long trips this summer.
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

sanantoniorvdan
Explorer
Explorer
Rained hard last night. Slide leaked!

Cowboy_66
Explorer
Explorer
I go along with that.
Retired we had been fulltime in the RV for three years but have now put down roots in the great state of AR.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I vote senior too.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite