Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
bobcote48 wrote:
Trying to see if I uploaded the picture correctly. If I did you should see a dark grey insulation in the gap (to the right of the door) that I'm talking about I just find that the dark grey insulation isn't doing the job

Hope you don't mind me reposting your photo. I'm curious to learn what others know about that gap and how to fix it.

1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
When returning from Meadville PA to Winchester VA in my SUV today saw Trail Lite B+ northbound on I-79 near Grove City PA about noon. Anybody from this group? Saw many other types and brands of rigs on PA turnpike, mostly going west. About how many T/L B+'s are out there?
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

bobcote48
Explorer
Explorer
[img=http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.a2aeed3677.jpg]

Trying to see if I uploaded the picture correctly. If I did you should see a dark grey insulation in the gap (to the right of the door) that I'm talking about I just find that the dark grey insulation isn't doing the job

bobcote48
Explorer
Explorer
cheeze1, my unit is a 2005 and NO you cannot see through the gap but you do see the back door frame.[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?09196a1eb6.jpg]

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
bobcote, I sprayed everything I could that would not be affected adversely. (exhaust system is a no-no.) I especially addressed areas where the coach mounted to the frame, gaps and joints, etc. I used a name brand automotive spray from someplace like Snap or Duplicolor. Westley's also makes one I think. Maybe 3M as well? I went for the one that dries, and doesn't remain gooey.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

bobcote48
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE, thanks for letting me know about being #77, the gap I mentioned is about an inch wide between the back door frame and the body of the RV besides the galley. I was surprised that there was just empty space there when I looked to see where the air was coming in. I'm going to spray the expanding foam this week to see if that works.

Bob

bobcote48
Explorer
Explorer
happyjack2 I did pass thru VA about that time and I did overnight at a Wal-Mart. I saw my 235s's twin in the parking lot but they didn't stay long.
Cheeze1 I'm curious what do you use to spray the undercoating, and how thick is the undercoating? I looked underneath the 235s and saw a lot of sprayed on insulation, do you spray the undercoating on the insulation as well as the frame?

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
We have only driven our 211 to the next county and back about sixty miles total mostly on I-81 but I think I had a pretty quiet ride. Perhaps the original owner fixed any noises or it was okay from the factory. I'll know more next week after the the trip to the Chesapeake Bay.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
birdbybird - Since you are classified as a new member, wondered if you had visited the forum "RV Pet Stop"? Sounds like you have something that could be shared on that forum as well as this one. Hope you have some luck finding the lumber rattle. The platform under the TV would not be bouncing on whatever is underneath it would it? I like bubble wrap that comes in various sizes. I try to salvage any I get in the mail for later reuse - not as messy as those styrofoam peanuts.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
I think that I just have to investigate some more. The TV is one we put in and is glued down solid to a platform, so that isn't it. But you are right Cheeze1, there are road noises that we learn to live with and there are road noises that trip our radar sensors. My traveling companions are usually some combination of three dogs. A 6yr old golden ret. Herschel from GRRAND, a rescue organization out of Louisville, KY. I have an ILP number for him from AKC and he shows in obedience and Rally. And I have two English Cockers. Blondie is a 5 year old champion now working on her Rally titles and her young son Stuart is trying to complete his championship. Mostly they like to go "camping" and for long walks where ever they are.

Hannah
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
My 213 had plenty of noises, and to my wife's dismay, I cannot ignore any of them except for pots'n pans and other temporary stuff. I think the area above the cab headliner is a culprit, since antenna wire and backup camera wire goes thru there and is only taped in place. In addition I found the metal part of the roof rattling against the cap base, so I sent some drywall screws right thru and got rid of most of it. The big tv's are also very noisy, and easily jump over their 1x1" "holder". I also took it out and made a overcab cabinet. On the test ride to the storage lot, there were no new noises from up there. I also had what turned out to be an extra screw sliding around between the cabinet floor and the area under where the lights are mounted above the sofa. (its a sandwich with a 1" depth. I removed the shelf and found 2 screws and some other stuff. At this price point, I don't think that we can expect silence, but some have too many noises. I think mine was on the moderate side. I'm also dogged about noises and break out the silicone sealer and foam insulation on a moments notice.
Speaking of dogged, what kind of dogs do you have birdbybird? I have 2 Mini Schnauzers.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions. My husband is planning to borrow it next month to go to a pottery conference. I had thought of just keeping quiet and waiting to hear what comments he comes back with after he experiences the sound effects. I will let you know if I come up with anything that works. These are definitely not squeaks but pretty loud thumps....and yeah I already checked out the post on the table and thought about what I had stored in the seats! I'll be looking for you down the road.

Hannah
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
Gene_For what it,sworth, I had the same problem with an overhead squeek, and my coach was ordered without any TV overhead. I fixed it at about the 6,000 mile point by driving along and pushing on things till I found my squeek. I figured out that the plastic headliner was rubbing on the trim strip where it was attached above the passenger side. IF i held the headliner up, the squeek stopped when the headliner was held up, so I installed a single screw to hold the headliner up and the squeek has stopped now for 6,000 more miles. Might work. The board soun ds, could be in the TV cupboard, there are several heavy wires running behind there loose, install a bit of foam to stop them rattling up and down on the metal roof when driving over bumps.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
birdbybird - It may sound like lumber, but one of the members mentioned finding a coil of coaxial antennae cable behind a panel. As burlmart mentions, some have noise in the overhead and some don't - we have been the lucky ones. We had a couple rattles which we were able to track down when I had my wife drive. One was the adjustable leg for the dinette and the other was the rollers under the sofa (needed for the slide). Fixed both rattles, adjusted the tire pressure for the actual loaded weight, and we now have an eerie quiet house on wheels. Nice to have you join the B+ topic.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, welcome to the many newcomers to B+ing...

About noises overhead, the constant squeaking and other cabinet sounds from woodwork of cab overhead has been the most low quality aspect of my experience w/ the TL 213, and it finally led me to remove the big TV, but that only eliminated TV bounce sounds from real bad rough spots. High pitched squeaks of wood rubbing wood may actually be more persistent now w/o the TV, and it is always there at fairly slow speeds on all but the smoothest surfaces. At travel speeds, the noise gods are with us, as the low-pitched tire roar and wind noises drown out the high pitch squeaks.

When once I asked, other B+ folks on this forum have reported a range of cabover noise from a few that acknowledged it may exist, to some with NO cabinet noise. The latter group made me feel that my unit was somehow worse than the norm. I would make a special trip to the factory if I thought they would propose a solution. (Ahem, Trail Lite, we know you have to be interested in this B+ forum thread...)

As it stands, I am taking my wife's advice and ignoring sounds I cannot pinpoint as much as possible - I am sure she worries about what I would take out next!

I reported earlier that the whip antenhat came w/ my digital/analog USB tuner was better than the crankup batwing antenna of the RV when pulling in signals, but it simply depends. Near Houston in a wooded SP, the batwing pulled in a bunch of stations while the whip antenna failed to do much at all.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy