Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Re: Converter in my Trail-lite 213

My rig has a Parallax 7355 converter/charger. I don't plan on changing it out. The max voltage I've seen at the batteries is 13.6v. Basically it is a high float voltage.

I think it would be a good idea to connect a charger once a month at 14+ volts to make sure they get fully charged.

I put in a new battery this weekend. I doubt that the old battery in this new to me RV was maintained. At first I suspected that the Parallax might have cooked it but I don't think that would have happened at 13.6v. (the 13.6 is specified in the manual)

I think a periodic full charge at 14.4v or so will keep the battery happy.
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
shelby2005, there is no finished space when the tv is removed. You see many wires and some insulation pads and the inside of the fiberglass bullnose cab overhead.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

shelby2005
Explorer
Explorer
hello,
We are one step closer to a swivel base for passenger seat, we found a customizing place but can't get in until next week.Will keep you posted and let you know if this is possible. We removed the window valances as they stuck out 4-5 inches and added a couple of shelves. The bottom front of the couch was attached with a couple of hooks. We removed the fabric from the plywood, resized the fabric and reattached to the couch with a stappler. Works wonders, also giving additional precious inches for storing small items under the couch.. but must be careful when bringing the slide in. Also removed part of the carpeting in ht eliving area, exposing the lovely flooring.. so much easier to keep clean, also travelling with a Yellow Lab.

Our next modification , hopefully will be to remove that big tv , replace with smaller thin one. Before we venture in removing the tv. can anyone tell us if the cabinet inside is finished like the other cabinet next to it, minus the shelf? We would like to use the space for bedding and towels, maybe a flat tv or possibly just hang the tv somewhere.

Thank you.

shelby2005
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
Plus-X, a majority of B+ owners that frequent this thread have rigs a few feet shorter than the one you want, but I cannot see how that would change much...perhaps shelby2005 can speak to your concern, since their rig has been debugged. Most Trail lite, Kodiak, Bt Cruisers, Forest River Lexingtons, and others have been pretty comfortable w/ their value to price expectations. Our TL 213 has been a solid performer with only a few issues - I was prepared for less quality than we got!

Shelby2005, the folks at Sportsmobile in Austin might help you with customizing a swivel seat into a stock Ford cab - they do it every day, though not w/ a 450 chassis. Still, they may direct you to good info.

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
RV er wrote:
Hi, has anyone installed an inverter in their Trail Lite?
I have a 2007 Augusta Sport, and I'm thinking of adding an inverter, I would like to hear the pros and cons.

I will add one to mine. I won't need much output though. I'll use it to run a laptop etc. I have already added a marine type battery switch (1,2,Both,Off) near the converter (under the seat) and will get the power for the inverter from there. From memory, I think the negative cable in there was 8 gauge and the positive was 6 gauge. Using that existing wiring, a 500 or 600 watt inverter would be the maximum.

What are you thinking of running with your inverter?

burlmart - your TV cabinet mod is on my to do list. I think it's a great idea to better use that space.
My Profile
My Website

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have also thought about installing one. Did buy one of those 150 watt (plug into the cigarette lighter socket) and have used it to charge a laptop battery. Have thought about a larger one, but we only have one coach battery. Here are some of my thoughts. I would keep the cable from the battery or batteries to the inverter as short as possible. I would use a remote switch for the inverter. I would use a 120V extension cord from the inverter to inside the coach. Would like to mount the inverter half way between the coach and the engine battery. I would have a two way solenoid to energize the inverter from either battery. While traveling down the road, could power the microwave for popcorn, or TV for the grandkids. Could power the same while parked, but off the other battery.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

RV_er1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, has anyone installed an inverter in their Trail Lite?
I have a 2007 Augusta Sport, and I'm thinking of adding an inverter, I would like to hear the pros and cons.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
marko, thanks, now it clicks for me. my tv shelf mod came out well because a carpenter-skilled friend did it - my handiwork is quite rough. I do not think I could even get the inside shelf door looking good enough, but I just might be willing to leave it open to the inside shelf for temporary placement of shoes, dog bowls, leashes, and other things you use on and off throughout the day.

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
............ Could you get a shot of the support detail, cause you have me interested in this mod!..............

I took a couple of photos. I meant it when I said it was rough cut!

Went to Weirs Beach RV Resort this weekend. Our camping neighbors said a few people stopped by and inquired about the rig while we were off hiking.

My Profile
My Website

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Plus-X, a majority of B+ owners that frequent this thread have rigs a few feet shorter than the one you want, but I cannot see how that would change much...perhaps shelby2005 can speak to your concern, since their rig has been debugged. Most Trail lite, Kodiak, Bt Cruisers, Forest River Lexingtons, and others have been pretty comfortable w/ their value to price expectations. Our TL 213 has been a solid performer with only a few issues - I was prepared for less quality than we got!

Shelby2005, the folks at Sportsmobile in Austin might help you with customizing a swivel seat into a stock Ford cab - they do it every day, though not w/ a 450 chassis. Still, they may direct you to good info.

PLUS-X
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am new to RV'ing. My girlfriend and my self have been looking at a 2008 Forest River Lexington GTS 283 and an Holiday Rambler Augusta 293. Are they good quality coaches? Are there any problems with them? We're close to buying but don't want to buy a coach that I'm going to regret. Thanks Kirk

shelby2005
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 R-Vision Trail Lite motorhome 29 ft. (purchased new) After many, many problems and numerous trips to dealerships and back to the factory, then again at dealership, and after many arguments, we are happy to report that FINALLY the water leakage,and numerous other problems have been fixed and I now do believe it is better than new.Now in the process of finding the holes where the mice get in, when that is solved we hope this will be it. Every problem imaginable came with this motorhome, including the door opening while driving to being unable to get out, the shower taps installed backwards.etc..etc..etc.. The only item that did not leak was the toilet-- thank God .Thankfully , every where we went, we had no problem trying to get service done and all was under warranty. To the dismay of the service departments, I do believe that they all felt sorry for us.

. We would like to be able to add a swivel base to the passenger seat. The chassis is on a E450 V-10. There is not much room, but it could be achieved by opening the passenger door in order to turn the seat around. Does anyone know if that can be done? With that accomplished, it then would be perfect for a small motorhome.

Thak you.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Marlopolo, as a structural engineer, I must say you did some ingenious work in delivering the load to the strong floor foundation through column action (table legs) rather than delivering it to the very thin walls via shelf supports -kudos. Why only three legs? Is it because a 1x4 would block the door opening on the right? Could you get a shot of the support detail, cause you have me interested in this mod!

About a swivel front seat, I have seen the topic come up on other threads, so maybe a search in the Class C Forum as well as the Camper Van forum (where people may have customized a rig to be an RV).

WilleyB
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Shelby, if the 450 cab is close to the 350 cab I'd say you might have a problem trying to swivel, foot room is not the best. I moved the seat in ours back a few inches and that worked out ok for us.

Willis
Vanguard VXL2000
2000 Ford V10 Triton, E350 Super Duty
Just for me,the Mrs and Gabby

shelby2005
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 29 foot Trail Lite on a E450 Ford Chassis. We would like to add a swivel base to the passenger seat. Is that possible, if so has anyone done this. Would really appreciate an opinion.

Thank you,