Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Burl. Being from New York State we do most of our local camping up in the Adirondack Mtns. or up along the St Lawrence River. Approx a 200 mile trip to either one. Spend our winters in Florida. Should be heading there in about 4 weeks.
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Reno3

How are you doing!

That pic is from April, 2005, when our rig was new. It is the only time we took our little boat anywhere with the RV; it was easy for Martha to drive, but backing it into the water was hard to see for her. Since then,we got a fisheye for the rear window, but never used it w/ the boat. Maybe someday.

The rig is in Fairview-Riverside State Park sitting along the beautiful Tchefuncta River. The park is on the North Shore of Lake Ponchatrain (excuse all spellings!) about 75 mi east of us. Nice little park, and you could literally ride your boat around the world from there.

The Website

Anxious to see Chas' mods!
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
Burl. Nice pic of your 213. Real sharp on the web page. Just wondering where was the pic taken??
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Cheeze1! MORE!

Gene, Good and important addition to my description.

With my 20/200 eyesight, I never knew the details of that image icon being a sun over mountain pic. I see them w/ a special low-vision magnifying glass. The more experiences I go through, the more I am reminded of that Mr. Magoo cartoon.

Here is my attempt to apply the 600 pixel width

On Edit: Seeing now how the pic width option works in the image icon window, I also went back and edited the big pic to a narrowed width of 700 because it was too wide and messing up the text reading.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, here is an interim pic, as a test:

Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - Good job of explaining the basics of posting pictures on these forums. Remember to use the "direct link" to get the URL in photobucket. The image icon to select while in the "advanced post form" looks like a yellowish sky with a sun coming over 2 mountains. I usually pick the 600 pixels wide when posting as that avoids the scrolling left and right for those with older monitors. :W

Here is a picture of Gary S. attachment pieces using the 600 width -
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
I use Photobucket...If there is a pic below, then read on ('cuz then I must be doin' it right!)...

You go to photobucket and you 'join free' by simply entering a username and a password.

Now you have a place ON THE WEB not just on YOUR PC to store pics. You will be uploading copies of your camera pics stored on your PC. When uploading copies of your PC pics into photobucket, the process is very much the same as attaching pics to emails.

Photobucket will give a unique web address (or URL, or link) to each pic you upload; for instance, cut and paste this link into your browser and see what it is:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/burlmart/HPIM0426.jpg

With a web address, each of your pics are now poised to be inserted into a forum post (as I did in this post) using the 'image' icon on the toolbar of your RV.net message editor. The image icon window opens and asks for the URL (= web link or address) of a pic, and you give it one of your photobucket pic URLs like you cut and pasted above.

This is the best explanation I can muster...I DO hope it helps!

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Burl, I will have lots of pix. Advice on the best way to post them would be appreciated!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Bases are installed, all water and electric relocated and 'neatened'. Base covers edge banded with maple veneer, varnished and fit, but awaiting second set of 'state of the art' hinges. I've reused all of the old panels and they are ready to cover the the bases. New rug has been purchased, and today my DW and I will be cutting the cushion covers to fit the resized foam. Bed extensions a la Gary Swanson are built and varnished, awaiting legs and flush mounts (which I found in a hardware store near my daughter's house).
This is pretty darn exciting!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Chas

The tranny did good on your rig's twin sister!

How are the mods coming? Hope to see lots of pics soon!

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, Burl, you know the transmissions by number? I'm totally intimidated!
:h
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
How much time do you guys think it takes for the trans to 'relearn' its shift points? I saw on one of the other old posts that sitting up could cause the computer to 'forget.' Perhaps my chassis battery had a low voltage over the 50 days it sat there, and the computer memory got erased (though it did start up w/ no problem).

Am also trying to determine what trans is on the chevy express 3500 w/ the 6.0 vortec. I think it is the 4l80e, but haven't verified that.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I remember reading back in the 80's about the electricality of transmissions. When came out with a new version of the 7 series, they talked about how the electronic control of the transmission results in blindingly fast upshifts and engine speed adjustments during the shift. I guess a transmission that learns is not unreasonable!
BTW, I always turn on the coach battery when I drive it so the engine can charge it.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the speedy replies.

I would call it a hard shift, not a thump (I think).

I searched the archives with 'hard shift' and some of the 80 hits mentioned the electricality (neat word) of trannys and a vague description of a 'learn mode.'

I have not changed the chassis battery, but recall that I did just put in a new coach battery with a nice fresh 12.9 V charge. We turned the coach battery on for the mini-trip as we always do (not sure why, we were not using the coach).

Should I consider unhooking the chassis + batt terminal and thus resetting the computer?

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - Have not had that situation either. It could be something as simple as reprogaming shift points if the chassis battery was dead or replaced. I have a 1996 Dodge pickup and when I replaced the original battery, I thought I had a serious problem with the transmission. I contacted the dealer and he advised me that it has to go through a number of up and down shifts to program the shift points. In this case, he was right. ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Burl, I've gone that long, even longer. Not that this helps, but the only thump I get is the first few miles from the tires. Does the upshift thump continue for days after?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite