Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Mainer1
Explorer
Explorer
Well I went just before noon time to Home Depot to buy a 4 1/4" hole saw, got back and after lunch I drilled the dinette side board out taking care to insert a backer between the fabric cover and the 3/8" plywood.
The hole was done and I pulled the spare 4" duct through and installed the existing register from under the aft bench.
I ordered a new register with a shut off damper to re-install under the bench seat and dinette table.
I will keep that register closed most of the time as its really not needed where its placed under the table.
This was the easest install so far only because the duct was already installed by the factory!
And as a bonus I found a handfull of extra screws of various sizes under the dinette seat...Thanks Trail-Lite!
Oh one more surpise under that same aft bench, thats were the optional sub woofer is installed.:E
2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that is what I have on the Gulfstream.....The register comes out on the aisle. I did think of not including it, if I built a small box around the metal heat unit, but when the temps really drop like they did on me this last trip coming back from NC (it was in the single digits with the wind factor).....the propane heater was the only thing that kept us toasty. I like toasty! when I need it, sooo....I will probably build to keep it functional, for the just in case weather.
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

Mainer1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking pups!

I was working out in my rig yesterday removing the aft dinette seat plywood in my 251.
This access cover is screwed down and has seat belts that go through the plywood.
Because I was running the furnace the first thing I noticed was how warm the seat custions were, and when I lifted the seat plywood I saw why!
Trail-lite had run another 4" flexible duct under the seat that was not hooked up to any register, it's just heating the dinette seat box.
I also noticed that Iv'e seen interior pictures of 2008 T/L 251's and they now have the additional register in the isle.
So if any 251 owners that don't have the additional register in the isle want to add a heat duct, your only a 4" hole saw and a $4.00 plastic register away.;)
2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Stuart's color is considered a Blue Roan and Blondie an Orange Roan. The Black in solids and the Blue Roan color is dominant while the reds and the the Orange Roan coloring is recessive. The Roaning can be anything from a dark almost black to a light freckling of more open coloring....They appear as black n white parti colors when they are born and the roaning comes in as they get older.....
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, the pups are beautiful. Stuart is a roan?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.....
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
That's the one. Thanks Gene. I love it. Wife is going to make some arm covers to soften them and protect from cold metal on bare arms. The chair is versatile, well built and comfortable. Perfect for RV. Doesn't swivel though so if that is a need then certainly go with the other. I think you are smart going the office chair route instead of thinking barrel chair. They are comfortable, functional and a lot of bang for your buck. I just fold our two chairs and bungy to the wall when moving. What really wonderful good looking dogs.

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
The CW chair is in the size and price range but for ten dollars more I can get a big upgrade on cushioning with the office chair and a head rest ....and the chair would be able to swivel which would give positioning options. I also have to be able to stablize/attach any chair to the top of the box that will need to be built over the metal heater box and the furnace vent..... Looks like I am really trying to talk myself into stimulating the economy with a purchase tomorrow! My brother used to make furniture and make interior restoration on old cars. He didn't laugh at me when I talk about some of my remodeling ideas.....He thought of several options.....

Stuart and Blondie
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Goldencrazy wrote:
The recliner I referred to is 89 dollars at camping world....
Likely looks like this Footrest Recliner.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
If you pull all the cabinets out, you can get furnace insulation that can be glued to the fiberglass cap.
yes, they are not in the puppy mills which I'm very happy about.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking the side cabinets because i am considering taking out all the front cabinets that really don't use the space well. I could put some insulation (it has none behind those thin boards) At 30 inches, there could be a lot of creative space....I need to resize a couple of pics and I will post.....remember these are English Cockers...these still look like those from 50 years ago. They are considered a separate breed from the three varieties of American Cockers. In England , these are THE Cockers and the American Cockers are the strange ones..... Because they are not as well know in the US they are not as popular and therefore haven't been taken over by many of the puppy millers. They are still mostly protected by show/hobbiest....
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
The recliner I referred to is 89 dollars at camping world. It is outdoor but very nice. It has a cushioned seat and back with nice metal frame. It can be used as a chair, the back tilts back as far as you could want. It has a leg rest the slides under the seat when not in use. When in use it pulls out and two legs fold down to support it. So you have a chair that reclines or not and an ottoman that only takes up space when in use. It is about 25 inches wide so fits in most small places. I like the ability to recline the back a little when not using the ottoman. You can probably see it on line. It is a red and white stripe cushion. I have gone through many chairs both in and out and this one is really comfortable to me. Now regarding TV. The tv for computer works fine but you are tethered to antenna so walking around not so easy. I use a slingbox a great deal. This is a device hooked to my home wireless network and cable tv source. I can then access through internet and manipulate my home tv. Does require a decent broadband connection. I use it a little on my verizon card but streaming video uses a lot of the monthly 5 gig. By the way I purchased doors and the match was easy in terms of stain and put them on the space. Looks like original. Most home improvement places have doors and these are common style. As you know your antenna hookups are in door on passenger side but when you remove the big tv the antenna will be there. I have not found an arm for drop down or fold down for the bit larger tv. you can get kitchen tvs that drop down but they are 8 inch or so. Personally I like the option of putting the tv wherever I want it and stowing it when not in use. A quick connect on the antenna and bit of coax and you are good to go. I agree on the horizontal services of cabinet if you want a permanent mount.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
With laptops being equipped with bigger and bigger screens, it's definitely an option. Plugging in and out will be very easy, since the antenna access is probably in one of the cabinets next to the tv. As you know I also rebuilt the same area that Goldencrazy (btw, my sister has 2-from the O'Rielly strain) did. I prefer my tv to be hidden, so the provisions for its storage takes up some room. However we still can store 2 bedpillows in there.
Birdy, I don't know alot about the different kinds of mounts, but the horizontal surface of your front cabinets ( I guess the base) is at least 1" thick, so if the bracket could be mounted where one part is horizontal and then the rest turned 90 degrees for TV viewing, you would have a very secure mount, rather than try and reinforce the inherently flimsy side panels of the cabinets.
btw, I love ENGLISH Cockers. I wish Americans hadn't changed them so much to what they look like now. (just my opinion)
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Hadn't considered that....how much of a problem is it to plug and unplug...I know that I am pretty careful to be sure that the laptop in cushioned well as I travel down the road...this ibook is about 5 years old and still going strong....with a system upgrade completed I want to keep it that way ๐Ÿ™‚
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
If you bring a laptop along, for $100 you can buy a digital TV tuner that plugs into your USB port and connects to your RV crank up antenna (or CG cable). We use this setup.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy