cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ ride comfort

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
How does the ride comfort compare with a class B+? I know it isn't a class DP but maybe the ride is still pretty good? I am looking at a 30ft Class B+ Itasca
11 REPLIES 11

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
billy1davis wrote:
I like that...."C-" I would love to hear how the other B+'s or(C-) ride.

There is a category of threads under the C forum that is labeled B+. Might try there. We have a 22' Trail-Lite B+ that we took to Alaska and back. Ride was great. It's a great little coach. We still have it and keep it in storage till we want to take the smaller coach out.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from a decade in a Roadtrek "B" on the Chevy platform, now almost 3 years in Sprinter based "B+". Chevy was very comfortable - good seats, good leg room. More adjustments on the Sprinter seats, even more leg room (matters to me - I'm 6'). Both have/had a nice ride. 500 mile days are the "norm" for us when going cross country - still comfortable doing that in the Sprinter. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
I don't get it?? I have found that with the class a's we have tried that the longer the WB the better the ride. So with Class C's it is the opposite?

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 23ft class C on a Chevy chassis. Ride is good and comfortable. 2 Queens, bathroom, dinette and tons of storage.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 23 foot Class C Coach House and it rides and handles very well; prior to it we owned a 19 foot Pleasure Way on a Dodge chassis. It was a fine unit and being a little shorter was easy to park; it also handled well. Reason we bought the Coach House was to have better beds, a good bathroom and shower, and more space to haul all the stuff we have. A longer Class C would have reduced cargo capacity compared to our shorter one. From what I've learned, there really isn't a Class B+, that's just a marketing term and generally not recognized by the industry standards which are based on how the motorhome is constructed, not some advertising idea. Generally speaking I think you will find that the shorter Class C's will ride and handle a little better than a Class B; the longer Class C's ride OK but are more limited on ease of handling and parking due to their length.

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
I like that...."C-" I would love to hear how the other B+'s or(C-) ride.

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Hu billy. It all has something to do with how the camper is attached to the chassis or maybe how the leg bone connects to the foot bone. Folks on this Forum are very fond of being exclusive but yours is a good question and deserves an answer. We had a Class B (Roadtrek) and it rode like the big, heavy dodge van that it was. It rattled and banged a lot but we loved it. We now have a B+ (or C-), built on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. It has a smoother ride and much less noise but still not as good as our GMC Sierra Truck. We love it too. We rented a big Class C years ago and it rode like a tank. We did not love it but maybe they are more comfortable now. Can't speak for a Class A. lizzie

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
not sure how a class b+ is a class c? Maybe for the sake of this forum that is how it is labeled?
I would like to know how the larger class b ( B+) compares to a class c and class a

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Class A Diesel Pusher? Have you studied this sufficiently to make an informed decision? Driven a B+ enough to answer your own question?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
ours rides great, much easier to get around and wife loves driving.
Had a class A, wont be going back.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Wrong forum, a B+ is a Class C. Or maybe you are asking how a Class B compares to a Class B+. Can't help you there.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -