cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backup monitor location?

Tubaronnie
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed backup camera. If you could put 7" monitor anywhere, where would you put it and why? I haven't anchored it yet until I hear pros/cons.
Tubaronnie
1995 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ
8 REPLIES 8

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I think it should be as close to your normal line of vision without blocking anything you need to see. The top of mine is slightly above the top of the steering wheel and is to the right of the steering wheel. The old black & white monitor was in the dash where I had to look around the steering wheel to see it...very poor location.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is where my worthless review mirror mounted. Your brain is already trained to look in that location for what is behind you, so why change it.
IRV2

Tubaronnie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the pic. That seems like a good spot-shaded from glare, quick eye movement from rear view mirror (I have clear view out back with a magnifier on back window-it actually helps).

Camera will serve 2 functions for me- traffic behind, and back-in at park. At 30 ft I can fit in smaller sites but I'm tired of getting out repeatedly to avoid that tree, neighbor's bike and low stump. ๐Ÿ™‚

Trying to figure out best camera angle to accomplish both. Probably have to test drive a bit.
Tubaronnie
1995 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ

UltraKen
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted under overhead cabinet towards center of coach.

UltraKen
Ex - 1968 Ultra Van
NOW - 1996 Safari Sahara 35' - Model 3530 - Cat 300
Pictures of my Coach
A $93 Rear Camera System
My take on replacing tires
Used MH Checklist
Toad: Dodge Grand Caravan on Tow Dolly or 1981 Vespa on utility trailer

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Depends a lot on how your dash and overhead are set up. Mine is overhead, and does not get a lot of glare from sunlight. Try not to block any of your vision field, but where you can see it without taking your eyes too far from the road.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
If you're going to use it to watch a toad or traffic when changing lanes, you'll want it where it's not to far out of your line of sight. Most coaches that have them as standard equipment put them to the right of the steering wheel.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Movin__on
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is on the left side of the steering wheel. Not a good spot. Too much glare most of the time.
2000 Newmar Dutchstar 3365 V-10/Banks
2013 Chevy Captiva Sport

MrWizard
mine is 'overhead'
mounted under the overhead cabinet
left side of driver, directly in line with the left windshield post
just slightly above my direct line of side, set on an angle to point directly at me
just flick my eyes up and left to check while in motion
just lift head or eyes slightly while backing up
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s