Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries will be mad at me

JamesJudasPries
Explorer
Explorer
Well,

For the first time ever, I left a light on for about a month I guess with the van parked. Went inside to winterize yesterday there was zero power whatsoever. No voltmeter used but the monitor panel didnt even light up "e" for battery level and no lights worked. ****, i have so far taken really good care of my 2 golf carts that are 2 years old, i dont think they have ever been below 40% soc. there isn't much parasitic drain in my van and it can sit for a few months and only loose a 20 percent capaciy since i disconnect my propane sensor. the engine started fine so no drains through the iso solenoid or the trikl start. So ya i guess i left a light on and took the batts to zero. I didnt notice any light come on its their own when i started the engine and got 12v back. Probably cause I was flicking everything on and off. Charging to full overnight now.

Anyway. The batteries must be damaged now, but what did I loose? 10 percent capacity overall? 25? They were 2 year old, interstate gc2 232 amp hour, and always had a prgressive dynamics 3 stage charging them, and were never abused till now.
3 REPLIES 3

JamesJudasPries
Explorer
Explorer
Well, a switch migt be a good idea. But I think i should have faith since i left the lights on on the vehicle side once. It ran flat dead, came back a week later and boosted and was ok. That was 3 years ago, and still starts the van now

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think your wife is going to even more mad at you hehe...

My two battery banks are outside mounted on the trailer tongue and I use one of those high current Blue Sea 350AMP sealed battery switches to select Bank 1, Bank 2, Both banks, or total OFF. SO easy to completely shut-off everything when parked haha...

small price to pay compared to replacing a bunch of dead batteries...

Sorry for your loss...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Load test the batteries. May/may not have some useful life left.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob