Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Noisy/squeaky outside basement air conditioner noise

We have a 2001 Itasca with basement a/c. The basement a/c is working fine, cooling, all seems well inside. But outside the unit is sorta noisier than in the past, and somewhat squeaky. I'm only assuming this is from the outside blower because insi...

kmb1966 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Cutting Shock Bolts

I've been told that the bolts holding my shocks in place will have to be cut in order to replace the factory shocks. This is from two places who have not seen the motorhome. I looked under it and saw no signs of rust or dirt on any of the bolts hol...

SGTJOE by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Sat. ant quite working

When it rains it pours. My sat ant quite working also it goes to one sat and when you tell it to go to another it moves and goes back to the same one. It's a hvh L2 04 model. Any help would be appreciated.

charwan by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

What causes an roof-top A/C to stop for a while

My brother's roof-top ducted A/C unit works good,,,, sometimes. He said it will work for several cycles, switching off and on, then it will start heating up and the A/C will not come on. Sometimes he can switch the thermostat off and on a few times...

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Pump not working

Finally getting the motorhome ready for a trip this year (late start) and dewinterized, but the water pump isn't working. Basically I flip the switch and the switch doesn't light up, and the pump doesn't kick on. Flipping any of the switches doesn'...

low water point drain help

my class c was parked and hooked up to everything as usual. fresh water tank is empty. happened to notice a slow drip from the cold water low point drain hose. any idea where that hose connects? never did this before.

jk31668 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas tank overflow

Stopped to fill MH tank with gas, only needed 1/2 tank. Noticed it was taking too long, then noticed gas dripping underneath MH near the tank.Pump nozzle had not cutoff as normally happens. I discontinued pumping and verified tank was full according ...

bennefim by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

rv new to me....three questions please

I'm beginning the reconditioning of a '95 30' Itasca and would like any hints on:how to run wires for mounting backup cameras - do they need to be in the walls or can I somehow run them externally?best way to fix broken compartment clips that hold th...

bryan2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me choose

Wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a new rig. The two we have narrowed down to are 2018 WINNEBAGO SUNSTAR LX 35F and 2018 Forest River Georgetown GT5 31L5. I do prefer the Winnebago. It's a little more price wise but seems better built an...

trashguy by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

? - CB on Winnebago Bath & Half

?Looking real hard at the Winnebago 1-1/2 bath models (like the 35F) and wondering where & how to mount CB antenna (or better with 2 antennas?) & transceiver.We're not radio gabbers, primary interest would be listening in on conversations/comments wh...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 downshifting on hills

On our trip to Niagara Falls we noticed the engine downshifting when we were going down grade. It may have done this before, but I can't recall.Is this unusual?Nothing unusual about the shifting before or after, just want to make sure it's an expect...