cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware Fleetwood

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
In 2011 we bought a 4 month old Fleetwood Fiesta 34B gas to take a 3 year, 36,000 mile trip then live in it for 1 1/2 years in Charleston, SC. Of course we had electrical, mechanical,A/C and habitability problems but after the year warranty ran out they were useless. The pleather, fake woodwork and rugs disintegrated, slides leaked, levelers wouldn't extend/retrack, tons of electrical problems we can go on and on and they provided no help. We didn't even have the proper manuals. The ONLY good thing about our RV was the Chevy Workhorse.

NEVER, EVER trust Fleetwood.
39 REPLIES 39

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you joined in 2011 when you bought the 2011 RV. You weren't unhappy until 2016? Or did I miss something?

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
balfre1946 wrote:
. The ONLY good thing about our RV was the Chevy Workhorse.

NEVER, EVER trust Fleetwood.

But but Workhorse also went under in 2011, are you sure its still a good chassis with all its recalls..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I am on my 3rd Fleetwood, all pre BK/2009, maybe the new Fleetwood company is not holding up to the same standards as the pre BK one was..

Or you/family is to ruff on things, just saying...

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
"The pleather, fake woodwork and rugs disintegrated..."

They all disintegrated? Really? At only 5 years old the entire inside of your motorhome has "disintegrated?" You aren't prone to exaggeration are you?

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
LOVE our Fleetwood. NO PROBLEMS.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. If you buy an entry level motor home you are not going to have the real wood on cabinets. You are not going to get expensive ceramic tiles on the floor. You are not going to get expensive tops.

All I can say is my next coach will probably be a Fleetwood American line Eagle. I have friends that own them and they have told me that they are very happy with their coaches.

Sorry to here that you are so unhappy with your motor home.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Chopperbob
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my second Fleetwood. They are what you make them. Most problems were wear and tear. I've done a lot of work on mine but that's my choice. You can't just let them sit. You need to stay on top of all maintence.
Roof checks, run Gen, etc.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
A few RVs back we had a Pace Arrow. Excellent coach, reasonably problem free, and we enjoyed it for many years. The company did reorganize during the RV depression, so you might be dealing with old company vs new company...sort of like the GM thing. When you say you purchased a 4 month old coach, were you the first owner. Lack of manuals would be a dealer issue not a Fleetwood issue.
But we are here to read your rant, so feel free to vent your frustrations.
Hope things get better, and Happy Trails.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
The factory service on ours was great. Not many other issues. Carpet holds up well, tile floors secure no cracking. We do keep the maintenance up religiously. The extended warranty has covered a few other item you can't blame Fleetwood on. Other than that it looks better than when we bought it.

The rig in your profile doesn't match the one in your post?

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Funny I have a 1989 Fleetwood and to this day the customer service people have been excellent specially Desiree and Rick.
They share schematics and order necessary parts (at my cost of course).
They have gone so far as to overnight a part to me at their expense when they messed up an order.
Sorry you feel you got a lemon.
Isn't it funny how different perspectives of the same company can exist
Traveling with my best friend my wife!