cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bit o Help please

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 96 HR Endeavor DP. Freightliner chassis, 230 Cummins w Allison 6 speed. Need to know where the fuse is for the vacuum pump that runs the a.c. dash duct work. Also the source of the 12 v power.
Does anyone know if the vacuum pump is rated for continuous duty.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)
8 REPLIES 8

Sierra_Valley_M
Explorer
Explorer
Our 92 Monaco had a "Gast" vacuum pump located in a very inaccessible place in the engine bay. When that pump went bad it didn't blow a fuse it kept cycling a breaker (located in the engine bay) that stopped the alternator from charging the system. The ammeter would show charging for about 7 seconds and no charge for about two seconds.

I removed the faulty vacuum pump and installed a after-market one in the front exterior access area. Problem solved!

Mike
'92 Monaco Dynasty
Sierra Valley, one of the last rural places left in Northern California.

jimrose
Explorer
Explorer
The vacuum pump on my previous RV was from a Ford car pump. I took it to the Ford parts man and they matched it. It was over a $100
Jim ๐Ÿ™‚
01 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP Cummins 330 HP ISC
04 Ford Explorer MG Brake System Wireless Lights

Joe___Sharon
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what your MH used, but I used to have a Fleetwood Southwind with a 230 Cummings, it used a 12 v vacuum pump that was the same as used in the medical field, I had to replace mine, and it turned out to be the same one that was mounted on portable computer stands that the Nurses use in the Hospital to provide vacuum to a patients when they move them around the hospital., And yes it is a continuous duty pump.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any info on the continuous duty rating, but with the reservoir I don't think it should run continuously.

The only rv vacuum pump I could find is this one:
vacuum pump

Found it on another site for $145
vacuum pump

Of course, I don't know if this matches what is on your coach.

If yours is blowing fuses, perhaps it is drawing too much current and needs replacing.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Well on mine the fuses are not there found them in the dash....thanks

Still leaves the question of if the vacuum is continuous duty rated
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Well on mine the fuses are not there found them in the dash....thanks
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, going out to look now.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect that my 2000 Holiday Rambler may be similar to yours as they did not make a lot of changes from one year to the next.

If you have a large fuse box in the storage bay below the driver's feet, I think you will find a fuse for the Dash Heat/AC system in that fuse box. On my coach, most anything added by Holiday Rambler that operates when the engine is running is fused within that large box.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida