cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black tank flush stopped working

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the blank tank flush about every other dump partly to put 5+ gallons water in the tank so it sloshes around when driving. Couple days ago it would not put any water in the tank so I put 100 psi of air on the hose and still nothing.:(

Fortunately my grey and black tanks are on the same level and unfortunately the same size (what were they thinking) but this lets me transfer grey water to the black when the grey gets full. By leaving the cap on and opening both valves until I can no longer hear water moving I can shift 20+ gallons of grey to the black.
So, yesterday after dumping only the black I put the cap on and opened both valves putting 20 gallons of grey in the black. Drove 100+ miles on curvy back roads and when I hooked up at the next CG... SUCCESS, the black flush works again.:B

Maybe this will work for you if you have this problem.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
17 REPLIES 17

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
ON my coach when that happened I opened the hidden door to the black tank compartment and removed the tank flush wand from the top of the tank (three screws). The spray holes had plugged up with toilet paper so no water could pass. I used a drill bit to clean and enlarge the holes just a little more then cleaned everything up and re assembled. I have had to do this twice now in the last 7 or eight years.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine got plugged also and I ran an electrical snake through it to clear it out. An electrical snake is smaller than a plumbing snake which is used to clean out drains.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Careful there with that air pressure. 100 psi on water lines can cause burst pipes. The plumbing in my TT is rated only 80 psi. Yours is evidently stronger, but still . . . .