cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black tank problem

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
The black tank on our 2017 Thor Freedom Elite is not draining. The toilet has been used only a few times. Each time we've flushed with ample water to prevent the infamous (will you know) build up. We've had six RV's and never a problem with failure to drain. It' goes back to CW today but was wondering if anyone might suggest what the probem might be. Plumbing problem from the factory? ??
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
5 REPLIES 5

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Shaw wrote:
Some times when the manufacturer installs the black tank, when they cut the hole for the inlet, in the top of the tank, the cutout falls into the tank. That could migrate to the outlet drain and partially clog the outlet. Hasn't happened to me personally, but I've heard it happens. At least it's something to think about. One of those inspection cameras might help find the problem.

This sounds like a possibility. Thanks! The MH is at CW now. We'll see what they fine. I'll report back.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Does it "feel" like the handle is properly connected and moving the knife valve?
Those can come loose, sometimes its a matter of simply unscrewing sometimes a broken or kinked cable.

Thanks! The valve opens. I was able to snake a water hose 10 to 12 feet into the drain pipe before it hit (whatever) and would not go farther.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
Some times when the manufacturer installs the black tank, when they cut the hole for the inlet, in the top of the tank, the cutout falls into the tank. That could migrate to the outlet drain and partially clog the outlet. Hasn't happened to me personally, but I've heard it happens. At least it's something to think about. One of those inspection cameras might help find the problem.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If NO water even trickles out the Blade valve is NOT opening. If water trickles out then there is a plastic round hole cut out stuck at the dump valve. Doug

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Does it "feel" like the handle is properly connected and moving the knife valve?
Those can come loose, sometimes its a matter of simply unscrewing sometimes a broken or kinked cable.