cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brake lines: 02 Bounder

jmcgilvary
Explorer
Explorer
Had a massive break issue a while back, turns out one line from the anti-lock unit that goes forward and through the frame has a break.
This leaked al the fluid and I could not move it.
Now I cannot find out where to get the replacement line!
As I do not have a Fleetwood or Freightliner dealer nearby, I am trying to see if someone knows of an online parts dealer that could help?
4 REPLIES 4

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
The brake line will be the easy part, bleeding the anti lock unit will be the headache . More involved then just bleeding the system.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
our local NAPA store makes steel line. If you have one call, and as stated remove it and have them make up what you need.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Usually brake lines are made to fit not stocked as parts. You can buy stainless or regular steel tubing along with the correct fittings at any parts store, then use a bender to get the shape, a double flare tool to make the ends to connect, and then bleed the system afterwards.

There are companies that make complete brake lines sets for various vehicles, but non that I know of that make just one line. You may need a mobile RV tech with the right tools to come out and do this on site for you.

adayjk
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a freightlner expert, but if it is a metal line that holds brake fluid, most of the time a tech will make a new one to fit. If corrosion is not a concern the fittings on each end can be reused. Most shops have flaring kits for the most common types of line connections (ISO and inverted double flare).

If you are taking this on yourself, I'd remove the entire offending line and take it to a shop that performs brake service and have them make up a new one.