cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brakes

iquilt888
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at getting a 2005 Itasca 29R. I've not actually gone to look at the coach but from the 50+ pictures it looks quite nice and would fill my bill nicely. Besides the price is more than right. It is on a lot in the SF bay area.

My question is this. I noticed that on the dash, left of the steering wheel, is a big red button that is labled "Brake Master". What is it and should I even be looking at this coach at all.

Seems to me I read somewhere that these "brake" assists were nothing but trouble. Is that true? Or, has anyone anything good to say about them?

Thanks for letting me know the scoop.

Pat
4 REPLIES 4

iquilt888
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N,
I'm thinking you could very well be right. That is that the brake button is for a towed "something".

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
My be for an axillary braking system for a trailer, tow dolly or boat trailer.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

iquilt888
Explorer
Explorer
It's on a work horse chassis.

Thanks for the suggestion to google.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
What chassis is it on, Ford or Workhorse? If it is Workhorse it is probably the auto park. You can Google auto park and read about it. Also, go to the Winnebago site, you should be able to find all kinds of info on that motorhome there.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee