cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bypass Lever

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Tioga 31M. Under the kitchen sink, there is a small lever to the right that says it is for "bypass." I don't know what it is for. Can a Tioga owner can tell me? Thx.
10 REPLIES 10

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Philandterri, yes you are correct! Upon reading all the material for the motorhome, in particular for the electric steps, it says that the switch is a bypass switch for the ignition, which in effect, allows the steps to not retract when the door is open or closed. Thx.

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
One is for the interior overhead light, another is for the porch light and the third one is for the entry step.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
cgmartine wrote:
Philandterry, can you answer another question for me? On my Tioga, there is a small panel with three switches located on the left hand side as you enter the coach. One of the switches is for the outside porch light. The middle one is for an interior light. The third one has a small red light that goes on when you click on the switch, but I can't figure out what it is. Do you also have this switch panel? And do you know that this third switch is for?

The switch with the red light is a master switch which enables power to the light switches in your basement storage compartments.

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Philandterry, can you answer another question for me? On my Tioga, there is a small panel with three switches located on the left hand side as you enter the coach. One of the switches is for the outside porch light. The middle one is for an interior light. The third one has a small red light that goes on when you click on the switch, but I can't figure out what it is. Do you also have this switch panel? And do you know that this third switch is for?

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
It is the bypass for the water heater. We have 2008 Tioga 31w and have the same valve, the water lines go to the bypass then to the tank.

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
You were all right! I just found the section in the owner's manual which states that bypass valve is to bypass the water heater tank when winterizing. Thanks to all!

Its_Hondo
Explorer
Explorer
A way to check is to put it to bypass and the open the water heater drain. Turn off the water heater and depressurize the water system 1st (water pump off).

After the tank is drained, pressurize the water system. If water comes out of the water heater, then the bypass is for something else.

Then open the bypass & see if water comes out of the water heater. That will confirm it's function.
2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
No, it is not behind the hot water heater. It is affixed to the wall under the sink. You can see if when you open the right side of the double doors of the sink cabinet.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is it behind where the water heater is? It is probably the water heater bypass for winterizing.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Not a FW owners but the by pass valve is to by pass the hit water tank. When winterizing.
Saves putting RV anti freeze in the tank.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+