cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping at Michigan Speedway

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for someone who has info on Graves Farm A Campground at Mi. Speedway.My space is a 50'x 25' in row AA spot 18, my concern is a spot that is not very level. Thanks for any info you can kick my way !
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰
13 REPLIES 13

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
snowfitter wrote:
Spring Street
Your first post said row AA and your last post said ff. There is a F row so what row are you in? I rode my bike around the campground last year to get a idea where to move to this year. All the spots I asked about were already taken but I found an end row spot that I think is not real bad. If you don't want power and no pets Brookfest is a level campground and very close to the track. The north part of Brookfest is one big party and the south end is much quieter till the cars are running.

Sorry ff was a typo : reading from my printed receipt...

Location Graves Farm A
Row AA
Spot -18
Qty:1
Unit Price $185

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

snowfitter
Explorer
Explorer
Spring Street
Your first post said row AA and your last post said ff. There is a F row so what row are you in? I rode my bike around the campground last year to get a idea where to move to this year. All the spots I asked about were already taken but I found an end row spot that I think is not real bad. If you don't want power and no pets Brookfest is a level campground and very close to the track. The north part of Brookfest is one big party and the south end is much quieter till the cars are running.

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
snowfitter wrote:
Spring Street
Last year was our first year at Graves. We had spent the last 10 years at Brookfest campground but wanted power and be able to take our dog. This is a very hilly campground and the spot I had last year I had the front tires off the ground about 6". Sounds like that's what your going to have in your spot. I'm trying a new spot this year at Graves and hope I didn't make a mistake. Have fun at the race track.

Snowflitter are you familiar with row ff spot 18. I couldn't google earth it, I will not go to a spot where my front wheels are 6 inches off the ground.WINSFAN20 is sending me pictures which I hope solves my anxiety. I bought the insurance so I just may be a no show !! Thanks for posting.

snowfitter
Explorer
Explorer
Spring Street
Last year was our first year at Graves. We had spent the last 10 years at Brookfest campground but wanted power and be able to take our dog. This is a very hilly campground and the spot I had last year I had the front tires off the ground about 6". Sounds like that's what your going to have in your spot. I'm trying a new spot this year at Graves and hope I didn't make a mistake. Have fun at the race track.

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Sent Personal message. gave up on photo bucket

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer

Here are photos of site. Slope is about 1 foot back to front.

Hope this helps. There is no electric on site. Water is just to rear of site. There are trams from CG to track.

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
SPRING STREET wrote:
snowfitter wrote:
I think you will find the area where you are at sloops downhill some. Go to Google Earth and you can look at campground. Your spot is the most northern row on the west side of the campground.

Snowflitter, In your personal opinion is it to much on a slope to level a Class A Diesel pusher? I want to use the jacks ,but no blocking with wood. Thanks Dave

IMO -when camping in a Michigan grass field, wood 2x10s always go down before the leveling jacks.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the particular campsite, but my neighbor and another friend camped at Michigan Speedway several years ago and said it can be a real mud hole if it rains heavy. Took two very large farm tractors hooked together to get them out. They were not happy!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
snowfitter wrote:
I think you will find the area where you are at sloops downhill some. Go to Google Earth and you can look at campground. Your spot is the most northern row on the west side of the campground.

Snowflitter, In your personal opinion is it to much on a slope to level a Class A Diesel pusher? I want to use the jacks ,but no blocking with wood. Thanks Dave

snowfitter
Explorer
Explorer

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
wingsfan20 wrote:
If you can wait a couple of days I can go out an take a photo of it. Ii have a meeting at MIS next week.

WOW that would be fantastic and much appreciated. Went to Talladega and got stuck, what a hassle. It would really be nice to see the lay of the land before i get up there next month.. Thanks Dave !!

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
If you can wait a couple of days I can go out an take a photo of it. Ii have a meeting at MIS next week.