cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cannot get levelling jacks to go down

mrlightrail
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 91 Pace Arrow with hydraulic leveling jacks. When I try to turn on the jack system, I get a red light saying my brakes are not set, even though they are. I've looked at the web site for the mfg of the jacks, but cannot find the exact one I have. Not sure how the sensor for the parking brake is set up, so I can't find the wire. Hopefully, someone will have the same jacks. Mine has a control panel, with manual levers next to it. If I can figure out how to post a picture to this forum, I will do that, too.
5 REPLIES 5

mrlightrail
Explorer
Explorer
The brake light does come on. And it is a HWH system, still haven't found the model.

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
does the "brake" light on the dash come on when you set the parking brake?

If it doesn't, fix it and the jacks will work.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to see the parking brake switch that is activated by setting the brake. You may have to almost stand on your head to do it though. I have to twist around like a pretzel to see mine.

My switch was being blocked by a wire. I moved the wire out of the way and it has worked since.
A number of people have reported that the switch had to be adjusted to get it to work.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a HWH 200 series. Look on the control panel or on the lever panel for the series number and manufacturer.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have a Ford chassis, the odds are the Park Brake switch for the foot pedal is bad. Common problem on Ford Class A chassis. Doug