cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CB antenna mount

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 02 Winnie Adventurer, I am trying to determine where the CB antenna was and how the satellite antenna was mounted. I went up on the roof to straighten the Radio antenna and noticed a hex shaped piece mounted on the roof. There is no mast but I think it was the mount for the CB antenna. It is back by the kitchen.

There is no patch or repair or mount for the satellite antenna. I am guessing that they just used the satellite input connection by the exterior entertainment center and a portable dish.

I can find the location for most everything but there is nothing showing the location of the CB antenna or if there is any other satellite input.

I don't plan on installing wither right now, I'm just interesting it what's what.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
6 REPLIES 6

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. My roof has two antenna showing and no patches. The dash radio antenna is the short rubber one in front center, then according to Larry, the hex base on the right side above the kitchen is for the outside radio. A CB had been hooked up but no sign of the antenna and the satellite had been hooked up but no sign of that either.

Oh well, I use my cable locator and trace down the cables.

Thanks Guys
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 04 Adventurer and my CB antenna is mounted on the roof above the drivers seat it came from the factory that way. All my CB coax cable was bundled up inside the cab under the dashboard.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
My CB antenna is on the front corner passenger side. FM Radio antenna is on the drivers side next to the Sirius radio antenna. Kingdome for television is front center.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

DrivingMissDais
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Adventurer model 35U My cb antenna was mounted on the left front roof just above the corner post. The hex anteena base back by my kitchen is for the outside radio.
See you down the road!
Larry

2000 Winnebago Adventurer
20,000lb F-53 w/ 310hp Triton V-10
towing: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
towing gear, Blue Ox

Our blog: Dispatch from the Road

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW There is a post on Solid Signal indicating DTV may drop SD in 2019.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Find the CB coax inside and measure with a ohm meter to determine if it is connected to the hex roof mount. You can also determine if it's a NGP coax in which case I'd mount another antenna.

My dish wiring runs along the roof and enters directly above the sat controller so the dish can be anywhere on the roof. But consider other possible future roof equipment.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob