cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceiling light

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
I need a replacement light fixture for my Fleetwood Bounder. I have checked with Fleetwood and they don't sell them. I have looked at a few RV Part sites online but have been unable to find one. The dimension of the light is 22 1/2" long x 61/4" wide. Any help will be appreciated.
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo
8 REPLIES 8

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
If replacing the lamps didn't fix it and it has 12 VDC to it, the ballast is the problem. LED replacement tubes or LED strips would be the best solution as they would be approximately the same cost as the ballast replacement.

12VDC Replacement Ballast
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you click on LED in my post above you'll find your answers. I buy all of my LEDs on Ebay from China. The 5M (16') LED strips are less than $15 for the brighter 5630 and I like the warm white over the bright white. The connectors are $0.60 each.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog, where did you obtain this LED fixture?
Steve and LuAnne
Ford V10 Power Platform

chucl66
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog,
Where did you buy the LED strips?
What lumens are they?
Any tips to make change over easy.

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck & Laraine

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would suggest you change your fixture over to LED. I would not worry about using a voltage regulator. I'm in the process of changing mine over as the LED usues about 1/4 the power of the florescent. Total cost is less than $8/fixture.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Tommy G. I have replaced the bulbs so it's not the bulbs. I will check out the web site you mentioned. Thanks neighbor!
Steve and LuAnne
Ford V10 Power Platform

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Way back when I replaced mine, I found an exact replacement at www.thinlite.com/?. They were makers of the original. When it was replaced, I discovered that was unnecessary. It seems that I had replaced bulbs with defective ones and assumed the fixture was bad(DUUHH). It was another time that my stupidity gave me another spare. By the way, Steve, we are almost neighbors.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a florescent fixture with two 18" bulbs. I've rebuilt some of mine using 12V LED strip lights.