cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing Speedometer

daveschultz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery on a Freightliner Chassis. How do I change the odometer from Kilometer to Miles?
6 REPLIES 6

donfrump
Explorer
Explorer
hershey wrote:
I bought my MH used and the mileage read about 39,000 miles on it. On the test drive I knew that the speedometer was off but kept my mouth shut. Bought the MH and got an extended warranty as part of the deal. After the deal, I reset the mileage from Kilometers and gained an few extra thousand miles on my warranty.

BUT? if you had say 50K on it when u bought it and the warrenty said 50K and then u reset the odometer and it says 32K and then u have a claim at say 40K would they not question the discrepancy?

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my MH used and the mileage read about 39,000 miles on it. On the test drive I knew that the speedometer was off but kept my mouth shut. Bought the MH and got an extended warranty as part of the deal. After the deal, I reset the mileage from Kilometers and gained an few extra thousand miles on my warranty.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
And when all the hardcore attempts fail >>> check the manual.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Call Freightliner 24/7 Helpline.
800-FTL-HELP if I remember correctly.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
From Freightliner Service Bulletin 54-12

Freightliner wrote:
Odometer and Trip Odometer (Note MC means message center)

The MC is equipped with a speedometer and a tachometer. A digital odometer display is located in the speedometer
and a digital trip odometer display is located in the tachometer.Both odometers can display either English or metric values (miles or kilometers). A trip reset switch is located
on the lower right corner of the dash panel. If the switch is depressed for more than 4 seconds, both displays
will cycle between English and metric.
At the left sides of the odometer displays, a triangle will point to either an
"m" or a "k," depending on which scale is selected.
To reset the trip odometer, depress the switch for less than 4 seconds. The odometer resets to either 0 miles or
0 kilometers. The display indicates in 1/10 (mile or kilometer) increments, depending on the scale selected.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Moved from Forum Technical Support